Chapter one

Vincent POV

"Mon Dieu, What is that smell?" I hissed, as I sniffed the air.

"Wha? Oh that? It's my new perfume." I looked at her and frowned. " You don't like it?" She pouted. I curled my lip and snarled at her. Then pulled myself out of her, ran my sleeve across my lips wiping her blood away, and turned to walk away. I felt disgusted and dirty, guilty and ashamed.

"HEY! You cant leave me like this. We didn't finish. Don't go." she pleaded, grabbing my arm. I looked at her hand, jerked free from her grip and kept moving. I didn't know her name nor did I want to. She was just a feed, someone I found to quench my thirst. I never bothered to get to about my feeds. They were just for food and the pleasure was a bonus. I am not proud of these ways, it's just the way things are dont until a mate is found.

"COME BACK!!!!" she reached for me again, but I dodged her this time. I didn't want her hands on me anymore, I had had enough. I turned back around, putting my shaft back in my pants and zipped them up. I hurriedly walked away, leaving her half naked in the dirty alley, screaming after me.

"Diue." My head was buzzing. I followed that alluring scent in a daze. I was intoxicated with it. Leaving the alley, I push through a group of people standing around. The streets were crowded but I didn't mind, I only had one thing on my mind, and that was to find the being that carried that scent.

"Excuse me, sorry, excuse me." I heard a small voice barely above a whisper. He was making his way through this jam of people and excusing himself every time he bumped someone. As he passed I took a deep breath and sighed. I knew I belonged to him, as soon as his scent brushed against my nose. Now I know who my little mate is, smelling of vanilla, innocence, and something else I can't quite place. I licked my suddenly dry lips as I watched him walk away from me.

"Ahhh.. J'ai enfin trouvé vous, ma douce." I said and followed him. "French? I haven't spoken french in ages. Hmmm.. Romance is in the air." I chuckled. People were looking at me, because I was talking to myself. But frankly, I really didn't give a shit. I even turned around real fast and yelled "BOO!!!" just to watch them jump or hear them scream and run for dear life. I laughed at them, and continued to follow that sweet scent, My Sweet.

I was flying high, I found my mate, nothing could bring me down now. Until, he entered an old run-down weathered house. I took a deep breath, then let it out slowly. I shook my head and walked across the small yard. As I got closer to the house, I could hear murmurings from inside. I couldn't hear what was being said exactly, there was too many people talking at the same time. One voice drowning the other out, but I never once heard the angelic voice of my new found mate mingled with the rest. There was nothing I could do at the moment so I made my way back to my home.

"Hunny I'm home." I say to no one as I walk in and shut the door behind me. My two story home is very empty and lonely. There is only me and an occasional visitor. Usually I have guests over but they never stay long. I have maids that come to clean and cook, and a gardener that does the landscaping, but they don't stay. I could do it all myself but they needed the money, and I never had a reason to, until now. I smiled at the thought.

I went through the swinging double doors to the huge kitchen and started making a list of things I will need to buy, so I can cook for my mate.

************************************

That was three days ago, and I have yet to meet my mate. I just watched over him from a distance. I wasn't sure if he was ready to see me yet. I was afraid that I would scare him if I approach him now. He is definitely not a people person. He distances himself from others and I needed to know more. It didn't take long though, and with a little research I found out all kinds of things about my little sweet mate.