Chapter 76

Ah the convience of this situation! This chapter is actually set on Maddison's birthday!! So, it's like it's actually happening today! Hooray!! As you can tell I am very excited about this whole situation :)

______________________________________________________________________________

**George’s POV**

“Say ‘Mummy’ really loud,” I whisper to Alithea, holding her out over Maddie. It’s Maddie’s birthday, so I let her sleep in, but we’re due at the Burrow in under an hour.

“Go on,” I encourage her. She cringes into me, clutching my shirt. I sigh and lean over the brush Maddie’s face.

“What?” she cries, sitting up quickly.

“Happy birthday,” I say. She sighs and rubs her eyes.

“Thanks,” she says, stretching and taking Alithea for a cuddle.

“I made you blueberry pancakes, but someone ate them all while you were sleeping,” I tell her. She laughs and shakes her head.

“I’ll bet it was Lith, wasn’t it?” she says. Alithea looks up at the sound of her name and coos.

“I have a present,” I say, handing Maddie the bag, “and if you say I didn’t have to, I’ll curse you.”

Maddie grins at me and stretches up to kiss my cheek.

“Thanks sweetie,” she says, opening the bag, “oh, wow!”

She pulls the candle holder out and examines it.

“What’s so cool!” she says, sniffing it, “mm, jasmine, my favourite!”

“Who’s the best husband ever?”

“You are,” she laughs, “thank you so much.”

“You’re welcome,” I grin, “now, you have to get dressed. Mum is expecting us.”

Maddie leaps out of bed and puts Alithea down.

“I feel older,” she comments.

“Eighteen, so old,” I say sarcastically as she rummages through the closet. I hold out her favourite pair of jeans.

“You know me so well,” she laughs, taking them and tugging them on, “I suppose you have my favourite sweater out too?”

I throw it over to her. She pulls it over her head and shakes her hair out.

“I need a haircut,” she comments, bushing it into a low ponytail.

“I like it long,” I say. She rolls her eyes.

“Yeah, but it’s ridiculous! It gets caught in my belt!” she laughs.

“It’s so beautiful,” I sigh, brushing my fingers through it. She grabs me around the waist and kisses me roughly.

“We have to get to Mum’s,” I point out, breaking away for breath. Maddie sighs.

“Are you sure we don’t have time?”

“And what’ll we do with Alithea?” I ask. Maddie glances at our daughter with another sigh. Alithea is lying on her back, kicking her legs in the air and talking nonsense to herself.

Oh, I don’t think we mentioned this, but she has teeth now. Eight biters at the front. Maddie complains about it lots and is so happy that Alithea’s ready to be weaned onto solids.