Chapter 45

**Maddie’s POV**

“What’re the odds, huh?” Damien asks as we walk through the forest, “running into a witch in the middle of a forest?”

“Is this area mainly muggles, then?”

“Oh, yeah,” he nods seriously, “There’s only about twenty of us in the area.”

I run my hands over the trees as we pass them. They’re all so tall it’s like being in a cathedral.

“So, you have a boyfriend?” Damien asks slyly.

“Umm…”

“Sorry, it’s none of my business,” he says hurriedly.

“That’s okay,” I shrug. We walk along in silence until we reach the edge of the forest

“This is my town,” Damien says. We’re standing at the top of a hill, looking down at a large town.

“Wow,” I comment, unsure what else to say.

“Come on, I’ll show you my house.”

We walk down the hill and into the town. The streets are busy and full of muggles. They’re all giving me funny looks.

“It’s because you’re in jeans and a jumper,” Damien whispers, “even though it’s summer. Aren’t you hot?”

“You have no idea,” I reply. Damien grins.

“You can have some of my sister’s clothes,” he says as we walk up the path to one of the houses. He pulls out a key and unlocks the door.

“Welcome to my humble abode,” he says, bowing as I walk inside.

“It’s… nice.”

“It’s too neat,” Damien says with a grin, “wait until you see my room.”

He grabs my hand and drags me along the corridor. He flings his door open and ushers me in.

“Wow, now this is nice,” I say, looking around at the huge Quidditch posters, “what’re the Foo Fighters?”

“Muggle band,” Damien shrugs, “wait here a second, I’ll get you some of my sister’s clothes.”

I wait, feeling slightly awkward and hoping very much Damien’s parents don’t return soon.

“Won’t she mind?” I ask as Damien hands me some shorts and a tee-shirt.

“Oh, no,” he shakes his head, “she stormed out a few years ago.”

“Oh, okay,” I pause, wondering whether I should leave to change or if Damien will leave.

“Bathroom?” I prompt as he takes a seat on his bed.

“Oh, yeah, sorry, across the hall.”

I find the bathroom and change quickly, sighing with relief.

“Do you have somewhere to stay tonight?” Damien asks. I shake my head.

“I’ll probably go home,” I tell him, sliding down the wall to sit on the floor.

“You said at the stream you need a holiday,” Damien says, “why don’t you stay here a few nights?”

“Won’t your parents mind?”

“No,” he scoffs, “they’re on vacation themselves.”

I hesitate, thinking of Alithea.

“What the hell, why not?”

Damien grins at me.

“That’s the attitude I like,” he says.

“What’re we doing tomorrow?” I ask Damien as we’re lying in bed – well, he’s on the floor, having given me his bed.

“We’ve done nearly everything we can do in this area,” he tells me.

“I’ve only been here a couple of days!”

“Nearly two weeks!” he laughs. I sit up and look at him.

“You’re kidding?” I gasp.

“No, why?” he chuckles. I bite my lip. Anything could have happened to Alithea! George must hate me!

“I have to go home!” I groan.

“Why?” Damien asks.

“People there need me!”

“I’m sure they can spare you for another couple of days,” Damien yawns, “you haven’t seen the beaches yet!”

Staring up at the ceiling, I think of the beaches and somehow, almost prefer rainy old London.

____________________________________________________________________________

Soooooo! What do you think? I just wanted to have a little "I'm so excited moment" and tell you that I have 85 chapters written!! AND the last few chapters are AMAZING if I do say so myself :) Btw, please vote and comment for this story so I can keep my ranking! I went from 10 to 30 in a day :( very upsetting :'( So yeah, thanks for reading!!