Chapter 53

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! So, right now, the plan is to finish A Master Of Mischief (not for awhile, don't worry!) then I'll do Hidden Under Darkness and then the Fred Weasley love story. Speaking of which, I need help picking a name, so any suggestions would rock! The girl is quiet and shy :)

___________________________________________________________________________

**Maddie’s POV**

“What’s up?” I ask Tonks. We’re on duty together at the Headquarters. Dad is using his new freedom to visit old friends.

Tonks’ usually bright hair is a soft brown and her usually bright personality is dull and boring.

“It’s Remus,” she confides.

“Oh,” I nod, “I thought your patronus looked different.”

She nods sadly.

“He’ll come around,” I tell her comfortingly. Her eyes fill with tears.

“Come here,” I wrap my arms around her tightly.

“I’m in love with him and he doesn’t care!” she sobs.

“He does care!” I insist, “he’s just worried about the werewolf thing.”

“But why?” Tonks sniffs, “I don’t care!”

“He doesn’t want to isolate you,” I say, “he really does love you though.”

She shakes her head and gets to her feet.

“I’m going to check the perimeter,” she says.

“I’ll make tea,” I smile, putting the kettle on.

“What’ll I do?” She groans, sinking back into her seat, “he drives me crazy!”

“Have you told him that?” I ask gently, pouring out the tea and handing it to her.

“Of course!” she cries, wiping her nose on her sleeve, “but he says it’s better for both of us…”

She starts weeping. I leap up and throw my arms around her.

“Let me talk to him,” I tell her, “believe me, I know he likes you.”

Tonks blows her nose loudly and dabs at her eyes.

“I feel hopeless,” she whispers.

“Just take your mind off it,” I say, “it’s affecting your powers and that’s not good at all.”

“I know,” Tonks says. I squeeze her hand comfortingly.

“We’re here to relieve you two,” George says awkwardly from the door. Tonks turns away, pretending to be tying her shoe, but really hiding her tears.

“Thanks hun,” I whisper, kissing George.

“Alithea is with mum,” he tells me, “Harry’s arriving tomorrow morning.”

“Okay, I’ll drop by there on the way home,” I say.

“I’ll come,” Tonks says, appearing, tear free, “maybe Molly will have some advice…”

“Let’s go then,” I say. We disapparate and appear outside the Burrow.

We knock on the door and from inside I hear Alithea yell “Mummy!”

Mrs Weasley opens the door, holding her and she begins stretching towards me.

“She’s been on edge ever since George left,” Mrs Weasley tells me as I take Alithea and give her a cuddle, “Tonks, dear! Come in.”