Chapter 27

**George’s POV**

“Ready,” Maddie says, smiling at Fred. I feel a rush of unexplainable anger.

That should be me!

I shake my head.

I have Vanessa!

But why? I love Maddie!

No, I love Vanessa!

I ignore the battle in my head and clench my teeth. Fred and Maddie have each other. Who cares? I don’t need either of them.

I meet Vanessa in the Entrance Hall.

“Hi!” she says, “I brought some chocolate, while we’re waiting.”

“Great,” I reply absently, taking the piece she gives me. In front of us on the steps are Maddie and Fred. They’re not holding hands anymore. I take a bite of the chocolate and feel a sudden urge to kiss Vanessa.

“George!” she giggles, blushing. Maddie and Fred shoot us an irritated look.

“How do you think they’re getting here?” Maddie asks Fred.

“No idea,” he replies.

“Look at her hair!” Vanessa giggles, pointing at Maddie. I have a vague feeling that Maddie’s sensitive about her hair and for a moment feel irritated that Vanessa mentioned it.

“It’s so ugly!” Vanessa continues. By Maddie’s stance I can tell she can hear. She can hear and it’s bothering her.

“Duh,” I remark, “she’s so ugly.”

Fred turns around and gives me his ‘I’m warning you’ look. I stare defiantly back until he turns around again.

“She’s just trying to copy us,” Vanessa says, tossing back her dyed blonde hair. I can imagine Maddie rolling her eyes.

“As if I’d want to be like her!”

I can almost hear the words.

“I can’t believe she’s sleeping with your brother!” Vanessa presses. I frown slightly.

“Well, she’s a slu-“

Fred’s fist collides with my nose.

“MR WEASLEY!”

McGonagall is on us in an instant.

“Here,” Maddie taps my nose with her wand and it stops hurting.

“Fifty points from Gryffindor!” McGonagall snarls. Maddie puts her hand on Fred’s arm and they turn back to the front. Vanessa leans forward to whisper in Maddie’s ear.

“By the way, Black, George is amazing in bed.”

Maddison pushes past us and storms inside. For a split second I consider following her, but Fred shoves me aside and runs after her.

“She’s so easy,” Vanessa says, satisfied. I frown at her for a moment, then something jars in my brain and I laugh.

“Yeah, she is.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Vanessa says, kissing me.

“Night,” I reply, starting up the stairs to Gryffindor Tower. I walk up to my dormitory. It’s pitch black and I can hear Fred’s heavy breathing and Lee’s soft snores.