Chapter 61

Another wedding chapter! You guys are so lucky lol Enjoy!!

______________________________________________________________________________

**Maddie’s POV**

I sit with Lith on my lap while Fred organises everyone for speeches, feeling silently grateful that I don’t have to give a speech and wondering if I should have gotten Remus to give a speech. I notice that he’s sitting away from Tonks and sigh.

“Mummy?” Alithea asks sleepily. I wrap my arms more tightly around her.

“George, you’re up!” Fred says, handing the microphone to George who looks as if he’s about to vomit.

“He won’t throw up will he?” I ask Fred as he takes his seat next to me.

“Nah, you should’ve seen him before the ceremony,” Fred chuckles. I smile at my new brother-in-law.

“You’re cruel,” I point out. He just grins. George pulls a card out of his pocket and takes a deep breath.

“From the very first moment I saw you I thought you were the cutest eleven year old in the world,” he begins, his voice trembling, “I also thought you looked like the kind of girl who would toe the line. In the first respect, I was completely right, in the second, thankfully, I was completely wrong.”

A wave of laughter passes through the crowd. George grins and seems more confident.

“The more I got to know you, the more pranks we pulled together,” he laughs, “the more time we spent talking and joking the more I liked you. I love everything about you, from your intense intelligence to the way you use that intelligence for some of the best pranks Hogwarts has ever seen.”

A cheer rises up from the Hogwarts students and Dad.

“I love your soft hair and your eyes that sparkle when you smile. I love your laugh and I love hearing your voice.

“It’s very unlike me to say something serious, and no, I’m not just talking to your dad here-”

Everyone groans, but laughs.

“But I am seriously in love with you. If anyone wants to know how to tell Fred and me apart, I’m the lucky one.”

Everyone ‘aw’s and Mrs Weasley bursts into a fresh wave of tears.

“I remember the first time I saw you,” George continues, “It wasn’t that day on the Hogwarts Express when we gave Snowy back to you. It was a few weeks before that, in Diagon Alley. You’d just been to get your robes fitted and you were waiting outside Flourish and Blotts for Remus. I stood for about a minute, just looking at you. And nothing has changed. I could spend all my time, just looking at you, because you really, truly are the most amazing person on this planet. I love you.”

I feel a hot tear trickle down my face as George walks over and kisses me.

“Daddy! Mine!” Alithea cries, pushing him away. I laugh and snuggle my daughter. She hides her face in my chest. George sits down as Fred leaps to his feet.

“A truly heartfelt and well thought out speech,” he says, winking at George, “let’s hear from Sirius now!”

Dad stands up and walks over to Fred, pausing to give my cheek a soft kiss. He takes the microphone and grins confidently.

“How’s everyone going tonight?” he asks, “I’m not much good at making speeches, so I’ll keep this brief. Maddie is really the only family I’ve ever had and I lost her after three short years. When I finally got reunited with her almost fourteen years later, I found out she was starting a family of her own. To me, she’s still that little girl I knew all that time ago and she always will be. That made it difficult, today, giving her over to someone else who will now be responsible for taking care of her, but I don’t know anyone as worthy as that boy there.”