Chapter 58

**George’s POV**

“Good morning, brother!”
I groan as Fred flings the curtains over and pull the pillow over my head.

“Now, don’t be like that!” he calls, tugging the pillow away from me, “you’re getting married today! I’ve even brought you breakfast in bed!”

I sit up and look at him.

“Okay, so Mum made it,” he says, putting the tray on my lap, “but I carried it up here, so I did bring you breakfast in bed!”

“Thanks Fred,” I chuckle.

“You’re welcome,” he grins, grabbing a piece of toast, “what do you want to do this morning?”

“Huh?” I ask through a mouthful of cinnamon bun, “aren’t I getting married?”

“Well yeah, but it’s your last day of being single!” Fred cries, “I had huge plans for your bucks party, but things just didn’t come together.”

He thinks for a moment, then shakes his head.

“So, Quidditch?” he asks, “we could rally Harry and Ron for a game.”

“I’m in,” I say, finishing my pumpkin juice.

“Here!” I yell, waving my arms around. Fred lobs the apple we’re using as a quaffle to me. I catch it and throw it at the tree that is our goal posts.

“SCORE!” Fred and I yell, high-fiving each other. Harry retrieves the apple and chucks it to Ron.

“BOYS! LUNCH!” Mum yells from the house.

“Our win!” Fred cries as we land.

“It was close, though,” Ron mutters.

“Close?” I snort, “we beat you by over a hundred points!”

“Shut up,” he grunts.

As we sit down around the table I glance at my watch. I have four hours.

“Are you okay?” Fred asks, handing me a plate of chicken.

“I’m not hungry,” I say faintly. He raises an eyebrow at me.

“Deep breaths,” he says soothingly, “it’ll be fine.”

“The marque is up, the skies are clear and all the flowers are blooming!” Dad says, striding into the kitchen, “perfect day for a wedding!”

He sits down and looks at me.

“Nervous?”

I nod, suddenly feeling like throwing up. Dad reaches over and claps a hand on my shoulder.

“You’ll be fine,” he tells me, “look at all the other people who’ve been through this and survived!”

I just nod again, not trusting myself to speak. Mum hands me a large cup of tea.

“It’s got ginger in it,” she says, “to calm your stomach.”

I take a sip and feeling my throat burn. As I cough and splutter Mum throws Dad a smile.

“And maybe a shot or two of firewhiskey.”

After lunch I start to get ready. I have a shower and scrub my hair, then get into my dress robes. Fred comes in wearing his too, with a huge top hat on.

“Isn’t this hat smashing?” he asks in a voice identical to Percy’s. I laugh and toss it out the door. I grab a comb and start trying to style my hair. Fred watches with an amused look on his face.

“Well, since you’re here,” I say irritably, “give me a hand.”

I throw him the comb and he pulls out his wand.

“If you set my hair on fire…”

“It’s already so red nobody would notice,” he says. I feel a jet of hot air hit my head and wince slightly. After a few minutes Fred steps back and nods.

“Perfect,” he says. I look in the mirror. It’s slicked back nicely.

“I’m impressed,” I confess. Fred casually flicks and imaginary piece of dust off his shoulder.

“I’m not just a handsome face,” he says.