Breaking The Silence

~1 week later~

Ratliff's POV

A lot has happened in the last week for me. I haven't talked to any of the Lynchs or Maranos and every time Kelly told me that she loved me, I just couldn't push myself to say it back. All I could think about was Rydel and everything that has happened between us in the last month.

Rydel's POV

I've been trying to take everything in from the past few weeks with Ratliff and Kelly. I've tried to text him, but I just don't think I'm ready for that yet. Laura and have been hanging up a lot this past week so that she could try to help me get my mind off of all of this drama. She also told me what she told Ratliff at the BBQ.

Me: So what happened when you and Ratliff left the group at the BBQ

Laura: Oh, that. Well I asked him what he was thinking, bringing Kelly with him and all after everything that has happened. He was trying to defend her and accused you of lying about Kelly being mean to you.

Me: WHAT?!

Laura: Yeah, and I asked him if he had heard your side of the story and even after he said no he still took Kelly's side. Eventually I just told him that he has to start paying attention to the way she acts around us.

I was so mad at Ratliff right now that I just wanted to go to his house and yell at him for all that he has done to me. And guess what! That is exactly what I planed on doing. Laura went to find Ross and I got in my car, and sped down the street to Ratliff's house. I knocked on the door and his mom answered.

Cheryl: Oh, why hello sweetie!

Me: Hi Cheryl! Is Ratliff here?

Cheryl: He's up in his room, why? Is something wrong?

Me: No I just really need to talk to him about something personal. You understand?!

Cheryl: Oh, well then go right ahead.

Me: Thank you.

Cheryl let me through and I marched up the stairs. About halfway up I began to get a unsure feeling in my stomach but I knew that this was now or never. I got to his bedroom door and I hesitated as I placed my hand on the knob but I just had to push myself through it. I opened the door and saw Ratliff just laying on his bed checking his tweets, Instagram mentions, all that kind of stuff. I sat myself on the end on his bed and that was when he finally noticed that I was there.

Ratliff: Hey.

Me: Hey, what's new?

Ratliff: Nothing really, I've been spending a lot with Kelly lately.

Me: Oh...

Ratliff: Hey, what's that supposed to mean?

Me: Well I just thought that after what happened you wouldn't have moved on so fast.

Ratliff: Ummm if you didn't already notice, we've been together for the last 4 years! And it's not really YOUR DECISION!!!!

He started to yell and I knew that he was about to get really mad, so I just let go and placed all of my anger out on him.

Me: I NEVER SAID IT WAS, I JUST THOUGHT THAT MAYBE YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIGER THINGS OUT!!!!!

Ratliff: WELL WHAT ABOUT YOU?! HUH?! ALL THAT YOU HAVE BEEN DOING IS TRYING TO FORGET ABOUT ME WITH LAURA!!!!!

Me: WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU THINK THAT I WOULD EVER WANT TO FORGET YOU?!?!? LAURA WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP ME GET OVER ALL OF THE FREAKING DRAMA!!!!!! SO I'M SORRY IF I DON'T GET ALONG WITH KELLY, BUT -

Ratliff: WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST KELLY? WHAT DID SHE EVER DO TO YOU?!?! YOU HAVE NEVER EVEN TRIED TO GET ALONG WITH HER AND YET YOU STILL HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HER!!!!!!!!

Me: YOU DON'T THINK I'VE TRIED TO GET ALONG WITH HER FOR YOU?!?! THAT STILL DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT SHE'S SO MEAN TO ME, OR THE FACT THAT SHE HAS THE GUY OF MY DREAMS WRAPPED AROUND HER FINGER LIKE A RING!!!!!

DID I REALLY JUST SAY THAT OUT LOUD!!!!!!! I WAS MENTALLY FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!! I looked over at Ratliff who was looking at me with such a soft emotion in his big green eyes. I got those uncontrollable butterflies in my stomach hoping that he didn't catch what I had just said. I just stared at the floor as I tried to hide my blush. I suddenly felt two fingers under my chin pushing my head up, forcing me to look into those beautiful eyes of his. I tried to fall out of his gaze but I just fell deeper and deeper into his trance. How could I go from having all of this rage towards him, to getting lost in his eyes?

Me: Ratliff, what are yo-

I was suddenly silenced by Ratliff's lips on mine. I could feel this amazing connection between us and I just wanted to stay in his arms for the rest of my life.

~Hey guys! If you guys like my story so far, please tell people about it, vote and comment! Looking forward to your feedback! Bye~