Runaways

~1 week later~

Laura POV

It's been one week since I was in the hospital. The doctor called and said that my healing time was remarkably fast, and that I would be able to get my cast off in a few days. I've been spending a lot of time with Rydel lately, trying to help her get her mind off of all of the Ratliff "I Love You" drama. We were planing on getting together at her house and just relaxing since I couldn't really do anything else. My mom dropped me off at the Lynch house and I walked to the door. I knocked and Ross had answered almost immediately. I could tell that he had just got up because his hair was fairly messy.

Me: Hey sleepy head!

Ross: Hey babe! Oh and I still look good right?

Me: Handsome as always.

I stood up on my tippy toes and wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and began to lean it. Just before our lips could touch I stopped.

Me: And what about me?

Ross: Hot, like you always do.

I let out a small giggle and pressed my lips against his. I began to smile and knew that he could feel how happy he makes me. I pulled away when I felt a breeze on my back, making me shiver. All of a sudden, I was lifted off of the ground and was taken inside. Ross had felt me shiver and brought me into the heat.

Ross: I love you.

Me: I love you too. Now put me down, I have to go see Rydel.

Ross: BABE!!!!

He whined, I shot him a look and he understood that I needed to do this now. He put me down and I rushed up the stairs and into Rydel's room.

Rydel's POV

I was in my room, waiting for Laura when my door suddenly opened.

Me: Oh, hey Laura!

Laura: Hey! Anything new happen?

Me: You mean since yesterday? Nope. How about you?

Laura: Well, I'm getting my cast off in a FEW DAYS!!!!!!

Me: OMG!!!!!! DID YOU TELL ROSS?!?!?!

Laura: Well no, I wanted you to be the first person to find out.

Me: Well thank you.

Laura: So now that I've got that out of my system, do you want to talk about Ratliff? We haven't exactly talked about it?

Me: Well since you brought in up, I actually do wanna talk about it. I just don't where we are in our relationship! I just wanna yell at him but at the same time, I wanna lay on his chest with his arms wrapped around me!

Laura: You really love him, don't you?

Me: More than anything! But as long as Kelly is still in the picture, what chance do I have?

Ratliff's POV

I was on my way to the lynch house to talk to Rydel about everything that has happened between us. I pulled into the driveway and marched right up to the door. I was about to knock when the door flung open and Riker was standing right in front of me.

Me: Hey man, is Rydel here? I really need to talk to her.

Riker: Yeah man, she's in her room.

Me: Thanks.

I walked past him and right up the stairs. I was about to knock on her door when I could hear her and someone else talking. I know that this was the wrong thing to do right now, but I just had to.

Rydel: Well since you brought in up, I actually do wanna talk about it. I just don't where we are in our relationship! I just wanna yell at him but at the same time, I wanna lay on his chest with his arms wrapped around me!

Laura: You really love him, don't you?

Rydel: More than anything! But as long as Kelly is still in the picture, what chance do I have?

Suddenly the room went silent and a quick second later, Rydel had walked out of her room and saw me.

Rydel: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?

I pulled Rydel into the guest room so that I could talk to her in private.

Rydel: CARE TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU WERE EVES DROPPING!!!!! LET ME REPHRASE THAT, EVES DROPPING AGAIN!!!!!

Me: Rydel, I just want you back even as a friend, I just need you in my life.

Rydel: YOU WANT US TO BE FRIENDS?!?! AFTER EVERYTHING THAT YOU HAVE DONE TO ME?!?! I DON'T NEED A FRIEND ELLINGTON!!! I NEED SOMEONE THAT I CAN TRUST, AND YOU LOST THAT A LONG TIME AGO!!!!!

Rydel's POV

I ran out of the room, out of the house, and into my car. The tears were overflowing my face and I just sped down the street. I had absalutally no clue of where I was going, all I knew was that I going as far away from him as I could get.