24

Hey stranger a familiar voice spoke in my mind

What is it again? I tried to sound annoyed but I loved talking with him through our mind link.

I missed you Asher said

You just mindlinked me five minutes ago

Five excruciating minutes I might add

I'm not satisfied with this service I want this mark removed

I'm sorry ma'am no can do. No refunds. No returns and definitely no removal I'm here to stay

But I can block you out

You don't want to do that

Why wouldn't I?

Because then I'm going to have to come to you

What if I want you here?

Just say the word and I'm there

Asher

Yes

Stay put I'm going out with your mom and sisters in a while no more disturbing me

You're no fun you know that

So I'm told. Bye

Wait

WHAT!

I love you

I love you too now bye

Wait aren't you going to discuss that we just said I love you for the first time

No

Wait...

I blocked him out so he couldn't see the thoughts that were going on in my mind. We said the "L" word and I actually meant it. My cheeks feel like there on fire as a major blush creeps up on me thankfully I'm alone. Sara and the girls aren't due for another twenty minutes, we're going shopping to my buy me a dress for the acceptance ceremony.

Asher called his mom after breakfast and told her we were finally ready to introduce me to the pack. We heard squeals of excitement over the phone from Sara and the girls even Tyler joined in. After their excitement died down Tyler suggested we do the ceremony the day after tomorrow which was a Saturday. Sara said the first priority was finding me a dress so she suggested all of the girls go out together and make a day of it.

I had already put my purse in which I put the cash and credit cards Asher had given me on the table by the front door ready to leave. I just needed to get my phone which I had put on charge in the living room after retrieving it I was on my way back when I noticed something weird outside. Sliding open the glass door to the back yard I walked towards the edge of the woods. A black tshirt was hanging from a branch picking it up a familiar smell overwhelmed me.

"No no no no" I kept repeating. How could he be so stupid I thought . Looking around I saw a pair of jeans lying on the ground a few yards away.

"He left me a trail" I said out loud.

I needed to find him and tell him to go back before Asher rips him to shreds.

"Mason you idiot " I utter under my breath

I follow the trail of clothes till I'm a few feet away from the waterfall Asher and I usually visit during our runs together. I sense his presence and walk towards his scent. Seeing him leaning against a rock with his back towards me I throw the clothes on the ground and stomp towards him.

"Are you out of your effing mind" I say going up to him but I gasp at the sight of his face. His eyes are swollen there are cuts all over his face and body and he seems unconscious.

"Mason" I knelt beside him cupping his face shaking him slightly

"Isla" he said weakly

"Mason I'm calling for help" I say trying to open my mind link with Asher

"Run" Mason says with his head falling back

"What" I asked confused but before I can say anything else I feel a searing pain on my neck. I'm able to see the person behind me take out the syringe before slowly descending into darkness.

Asher I try to mindlink him but that's all I'm able to say before darkness takes over.

Asher POV

Isla. Isla

"She blocked me out" I said out loud in disbelief

"Carol blocks me out all the time too saying she needs some space" said Jason figuring out what I meant

"Isla blocked you out now! Man she sure has you whip..." Scott isn't able to finish his sentence as I send him a death glare daring him to go on

"Where are the trackers I want to get this over with" I tell Jason handing him the files on my desk to put them away. I want to go home to Isla soon as possible.

"They're already here Alpha" replied Jason and with the two trackers Phil and George enter.

"Alpha" they all greet me to which I give them a nod

"Tell me what's the situation on the rogue problem we're having lately" I ask Scott

"We haven't managed to catch them or see them for ourselves but Phil caught their scent by the pack borders and George here found some of their things deeper into pack lands" said Scott

"ROGUES HAVE MANAGED TO INFILTRATE PACK LANDS AND YOU'RE INFORMING ME NOW!" I growl at all of them

"Alpha I just found their things a few minutes ago I came as soon as I could to inform you" said George keeping his gaze on the ground

"Put the whole pack on lock down cancel the ceremony till the rogues have been found. I want them brought to me alive so I can deal with them myself." I give everyone in the room a stern look.

"Send Peter and Talon telling them to go to Isla immediately I'm calling mom to.." I start to order Jason but I hear Isla's faint voice in my head

Asher

I barely hear it but I sense the distress in her voice I try to mindlink with her but nothing she doesn't seem to be blocking me so she must be unconscious.

"THEY'VE GOT ISLA" I flip the desk and run outside turning into my wolf midair I let him guide me towards our mate. My wolf scolds me for leaving Isla alone he's angry and he's out for blood and I'm not going to stop him. My wolf takes me towards the waterfall her scent is all over the place I also sense another scent. My wolf growls recognizing the person and I vow to him that soon he will bath in his blood.

Mason.