20

"That was uncomfortable" said Asher closing the front door

"Yeah it was because YOU had to bring up my period" I turned around glaring at him with my arms crossed

"But I thought you wouldn't want to hang out with them during you're... you know" he finished awkwardly

"So announce to the entire pack why won't you put a quarantine on the door better yet put yellow tape around the whole block with a sign "Beware Woman on Period"" I said

"Aren't you being a bit over dramatic" Asher said

I narrowed my eyes at him he did not just say that I thought.

"Over dramatic huh?" I said with a raised eyebrow

"Isla what are you" Asher began but I didn't wait for him to finish

"You're right I'm being over dramatic" I said like nothing was wrong the hell it was "I'll just be up in the bedroom I want to change into my pj's mind giving me fifteen minutes before coming up" I finished with a smile but you could tell it was forced.

"Umm alright I have some things to do in my office I'll be there a while" he said unsure about my attitude

"Great" I said before going upstairs.

Closing the bedroom door I could feel that Asher hadn't moved from the front door so I opened the closet and threw a dress on the bed making it seem like I was getting my pj's. When I opened the bathroom door I felt him move towards the other end of the house. I waited a minute before making my way to the balcony. There were no guards since Asher had dismissed them after our argument about trust. I know I was breaking that very trust but I needed to do this. I could have easily jumped from the balcony but that might have alerted Asher so I climbed a near by tree's branch and went down its trunk. I listened to make sure there was no odd movement inside the house before making a run for it.

I ran towards the residential area rather than the forest. I walked past houses and pack buildings getting an unofficial tour of the town in the process.

I wondered if Asher had found out I had run off what would he think and how furious he'd be. Good he was one to talk he smashed the entire bedroom just because I was talking to Mason yet he had the audacity to call me over dramatic.

I saw a park in a distance and decided to go there sitting on one of the swings I sighed. I really missed home not just Mason but everyone even the annoying kids. Looking around the place I thought to myself would I ever consider this home almost everyone in this pack was a stranger to me. Back at the Red Moon Pack everyone knew me by name and would call me to help out. Every small and big occasion I was there. That was one of the reasons why Derek wanted to make me his third in command but Alpha Xavier was strongly against it.

"She hasn't found a mate in the pack so she's bound to find one from another pack. For you to instate a mateless She-Wolf as your third in command would be a poor decision" I remembered Alpha Xavier saying.

At the time, I pretended to not be offended by it and seem like I didn't care but I did and it hurt me deeply that Alpha Xavier thought I was a temporary member of the pack. But he was right and here I am now in a pack I barely know. A stray tear fell down my cheek but I quickly wiped it away feeling someone behind me. Turning the swing around I saw a guy walking towards me. He was well built, probably six feet tall, and had platinum blonde hair. He stopped when I narrowed my eyes at him he was surely a part of the pack.

"I'm sorry for interrupting you Luna but the Alpha is searching for you all over pack lands" he said bowing his head

"Who are you?" I asked raising an eyebrow