5

"Last one gets to kiss a girl!" I heard Dylan Jackson shouting on the top of his lungs. Dylan Jackson was a monster disguised as an eight year old he was also the kid that ruined Marie's bouquet. I was too preoccupied to deal with him at the wedding but now it was time this little monster paid. Holding him tight by his collar I leaned down.

"Guess little Dylan is going to get his kiss" I said why puckering my lips

"NO! PLEASE DON'T" he pleaded

"Not such a tough guy are we now Dylan" I said fake punching him "aw you are just the cutest"

"Ok please Isla stop I've got a rep to keep what do you want?" Hah he's got a rep to keep. This kid was sure something

"Because of you I had to run across town wearing a long gown and heels AND back" I said narrowing my eyes at him

"I guess I'm sorry" he said with a shrug

"Well then I guess I'm going to kiss you" I said nonchalantly

"No anything but that"

"Anything?"

He just shook his head enthusiastically.

"Go to your parents sit with them quietly or I'm telling Alpha Xavier you're my mate and to marry us right away" the warning seemed to work because he just gulped and nodded a little less enthusiastically. I let go of his collar not letting my gaze go till he disappeared. I turned around and saw Mason standing with his arms folded laughing at me.

"Come on Cruella De Vil we've got to get to the auditorium " he said waving his car keys.

Our pack was pretty big with a population of almost five hundred werewolves, so most pack meetings and events were held at the auditorium. As today the pack was accepting a new Alpha all members old and small were supposed to attend. The auditorium wasn't that far away we could've walked but since it was a special occasion we decided to make a grand entrance.

"I have to join Derek the other Alphas will be here soon" Mason said to me when we reached the auditorium. A few of the neighboring pack's alphas had come to join the ceremony from what I heard Alpha Kenan of the Blue Moon Pack, Alpha Declan of the New Moon Pack and Alpha Asher of the Midnight Pack were attending.

I went inside and caught up with other pack members since I spent most of my time with Mason and Derek I didn't get to socialize with other members of the pack except for occasions such as today. I spent the day listening to latest gossip and girls gushing over the very hot young alphas coming to visit.

"OMG what if one of them ends up to be my mate" one would say

"You could be a luna" the other would gasp and it's not even funny how many times the scenario repeated itself with each girl reminding me why I hung out with guys more. Time flew by and soon it was nearly sundown.

It was a new moon today, when an alpha stepped down letting someone in his lineage take his place the new moon signified the end of his era and the beginning of the new alpha's reign. Everyone was already moving inside to go grab a good seat in the auditorium fortunately my dad being beta always insured I got the best seat in the house. Well soon to be ex-beta. I went inside and sat next to my mom.

"The Alphas are here" my mom leaned in and whispered. I looked over and they were seated on the other side of the auditorium in seats that were usually reserved for guests. They were all looking at the stage so all I saw was the back of their heads soon the curtains were pulled up and I averted my gaze towards the stage.

Alpha Xavier walked up to the mic and everyone cheered he held up his hand smiling at the crowd after a few seconds everyone became quiet.

"My fellow Lyncans today we join to celebrate the start of a new era, for many years I have served as your Alpha. It has been a wonderful twenty years but now the time has come for me to step down. I request my Beta ,James Mathews, and my third in command ,Greg Adams, to stand by my side" Alpha Xavier paused while my dad and Mason's dad took their positions behind him "I request everyone light there candles". We all lit that candles we were given before hand. The lights of the auditorium were turned off only the light of five hundred candles now illuminating it.