11

I was standing in the balcony looking at nothing in particular lost in my thoughts. I was really homesick and in dire need to talk to someone but was too stubborn to use the phone Asher had given me not after the way he treated me. Still thinking angry thoughts about Asher and calling him every name in the book, I hadn't realized someone had come into the room until I heard the balcony door slide open. From the corner of my eye I could tell it was Asher but I didn't budge of move my gaze from the view in front of me. Asher just stood next me seeming agitated he would look in my direction then look away only to look back at me again. I was really confused by his attitude did he want to say something or did he want me to leave? This went on for a few minutes before I decided to leave. I turned around still not looking at his direction.

"I'm sorry" I heard Asher say behind me

"Pardon" I turned around not believing what I heard.

"I'm sorry" he repeated himself. I just stood there in shock not knowing what to say back he probably thought I was still giving him the silent treatment because he continued "I'm sorry for yelling at you"

"More like screaming" I corrected

He gave out a sigh in frustration

"I'm sorry for screaming at you it was wrong of me. I'm still getting used to the fact that you're my equal and you have every right to be treated as such" he said

"To be honest I'm still getting used it too. I wasn't exactly known as a rebel back home" I admitted realizing why I was resisting his authority.

He chuckled at what I said and eased up a bit.

"So we're good" he told me with a slight smile

"Only if you tell me what actually happened with my phone" when I said that his slight smile turned into a frown "I just want to know the truth and not be told some half assed lie and be expected to accept it"

"I.." he paused for a second before continuing "it really did fell out of your pocket when I was bringing you up here. I picked it up and started to look through it I saw your texts and I guess I lost control" he said that making a clenching movement with his right hand telling me he crushed it. There were a lot texts from Mason on my phone plus pictures of the two of us. I wondered if he saw those too.

"I'm sorry about that too" he said but this time his apology didn't seem as genuine.

"You shouldn't have looked through my phone" I said bluntly "but I appreciate you being honest with me"

"I'll note that for next time always tell the truth" he said with a chuckle. He looked nice when he smiled.

"And respect each other's privacy" I added

"Umm let's just call it a working progress" he said. I laughed when he said this. "We should get to bed it's getting late" he added.

Inside I was getting out my pajamas when I heard the noise of a zip being opened. I froze turning around slowly I saw Asher was shirtless and in the process of removing his jeans.

"What are you doing?" I asked shocked beyond belief

"I can't sleep with my jeans on" he stated like it should be obvious to me

"Sleep here?" I asked shocked beyond belief

"Of course" he said still confused as to why I was asking in the first place. It was his room maybe he meant I should sleep elsewhere I thought.

"OK I'll just go to the guest room" I said picking up my things

"You're not going anywhere" he said stopping me

"You mean the both of us sleep here? Together?" I asked with my mouth wide open

He seemed annoyed at my questions pinching the bridge of his nose he sighed.

"I won't force you into anything but I will not let you sleep anywhere else" he said trying to control his anger.

"You won't force me into anything?" I asked with a raised eyebrow

"Yes" he replied right away

"Even marking me?" I asked

"Even.." he repeated my words before pausing thinking over what I said "what?"

"You said I was you're equal" I told him

"I did but.." he started to say but I cut him off

"Well then if you're going to make me sleep here then I'll do it only on the condition you won't mark me without my consent" I said folding my arms.

Asher narrowed his eyes at me but finally gave in.

"Fine" he said through gritted teeth

"and you have to put your shirt and pants back on" I said pointing to his clothes

"I'll wear a pair of sweatpants and I'm drawing the line there" he said still annoyed by our compromise

"OK" I said picking my pajamas and going to the bathroom to change.

Once on the bed I made a pillow wall separating my side from Asher's before plopping my head on my pillow making myself comfortable.

"Seriously" I could hear Asher complain but I just ignored him and dozed off.

I stirred in my sleep hearing voices in a distance. Call them benefits all you want but sometimes enhanced hearing could be a major pain in the ass. I was really comfortable and was in no mood of waking up the bed was really soft and cozy plus this hard warm wall to my back felt like heaven. Hard warm wall? Since when was there a wall in the middle of the bed. Opening my eyes I saw Asher sleeping next to me with the pillow wall I made all over the floor. I tried to get up when I realized he also had his arm over my waist and when I tried to take it off he tighten his grip on my waist pulling me closer.

"Asher" I poked his arm. Nothing. "Asher!" I said loudly this time

"Five more minutes" he said leaning in closer and resting his head on my shoulders

"Take all the time you want but mind letting me go" I pleaded trying to take his arm of me.

He opened his eyes and smiled at me.

"Good morning" he said rolling over finally letting me go

"Yeah good morning for you try sleeping with someone holding you in a death grip" I said angrily getting up to go to the bathroom

"I can't help it I move in my sleep" confessed Asher sheepishly.

"And you couldn't tell me that last night" I said with my arms crossed

He just shrugged with a stupid grin on his face. My heart started racing again and him being shirtless didn't help either. I could feel my cheeks burning up so I quickly turned around to go to the bathroom before he noticed.