[36] the power of love • pt. 1

(Above): This is a song based off an Undertale AU. I really like it!

For those of you who actually take the time to read this, then I thank you! "I appreciate your existence." - Mithzan (Max)

-

-

-

- Shelby's POV -

-

Shelby, Cory, and Sky had reached Hall 4 (after an awful lot of running). An all-too-familiar girl wearing blue armor was standing guard in front of a single door.

She snarled. "So, you came back. I knew it. The other four died trying to find him, huh? Well, I hate to spill it to you, but JOEL'S DEAD! AND HE'S NEVER COMING--"

Just then, Joel ran into the room, holding his dagger. Thank goodness for that. Lizzie probably would've made them all spontaneously combust if they stood alone in that room any longer. His brown eyes widened. "Lizzie?" 

Lizzie's mouth dropped open. "Joel?"

They both stayed silent for a moment.

Something seemed to click in Lizzie's mind. Her face transformed from one of an army general to a teenage girl who was reunited with her long-lost boyfriend. She broke into a smile full of relief and joy. "Joel!"

Joel's overjoyed face lasted for only five seconds. He gasped. "Lizzie, watch out!"

"Huh?" Lizzie turned around, only to have Lord Aphmau, who suddenly appeared in the room, impale her in the stomach with her sword.

"LIZZIE!" Joel screamed.

Lord Aphmau smirked. "This is what happens to those who do not remain loyal to the Evil."

Lizzie gasped as Lord Aphmau pulled out her sword. Lord Aphmau jumped back into the portal she had come from. 

Lizzie fell to the ground with a thud!

Shelby wasted no time. She rushed to Lizzie's side and carefully removed her armor. The wound had ripped a hole in her shirt, the black slowly spreading.

Joel had tears running down his face. Lizzie smiled weakly, her voice cracking, eyes welling up with tears from the pain she was suffering through. "A-At least... i-in my l-last moments... I-I'll b-be reunited w-with my b-boyfriend."

"Y-you can't die! I just got you back! LIZZIE! Please, someone, do something!" Joel cried.

"No, Shelby, I know what you're going to do! The wound's too big, you'll die!" Cory shouted.

Shelby smiled sadly. "I have to, Cory. We'll lose without Lizzie." She grabbed his chin and pulled him closer, giving him one last kiss.

One last thing to remember her by.

She gently pushed him away. His eyes were moistening. He looked lost. A completely different Cory from the one she had met that day by the kingdom walls.

That Cory was a hostile, tough, silent boy who had lost everything. 

Her Cory was a sweet, smart, and caring boy who gave her everything.

And she loved him for that.

I'm sorry.

Shelby held her hands over Lizzie's wound.

"SHELBY!" Cory was held back by Sky, who looked like he was trying hard not to cry. "NO!"

Shelby focused her energy on Lizzie, watching a pink glow fill the room.

Cory's screaming was drowned out.

Lizzie closed her eyes.

The black disappeared.

Joel cried.

Shelby felt the world turning dark around her.

The smoke dissolved.

Cory screamed louder.

The wound closed.

Shelby collapsed onto the cold floor, her head pounding from overexertion of her powers.

She closed her eyes for the last time.

I love you, Cory.

»»--------¤--------««

Jesus, Cory, if you were that desperate, why don't you just shadow-travel out of Sky's grasp? Well, guess that's what love does to people. See, these are things they don't teach you in human biology, kids.

Also sorry for the short chapter. Leaves you very unsatisfied, I know. I wanted it to. Lord Aphmau's not the only thing that should be called evil. XD

 - Phoenix