[16] truth or dare • pt. 1

(Edit 8/9/2018): THIS IS ONE OF THE MANY PARTS THAT I HATE SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME.

-

- Ross's POV -

-

"I'll go," Max said. "I don't know who my biological parents were. My earliest memories were in the orphanage. At the time, I thought the only way that I wouldn't be picked on was to pick on everybody else. So I became a... bully."

"Coincidentally, the same day Nick and Cory ran away was the day that I got adopted. I hated my adoptive parents. They treated me like a little kid, and it annoyed me a lot. Then I met Tim. Tim was the son of my adoptive parents' friend. We were great friends. The night I got my powers, Tim was watching. He saw everything and he ran away. Sometime later, Lord Aphmau turned him to the Evil. I found my way to the hut after a small meet-up with Ross."

"Like I said before, you could've just not done anything at all," Cory said, crossing his arms across his body.

"I heard, Cory," Max snapped.

Shelby cleared her throat. "No more fighting. I'll go now. Most of you know me as 'The Baker's Daughter.' That's not true. I'm pretty sure only Ross and I know this, but my parents aren't bakers. They're farmers. I had a certain talent for a baking, so my parents decided they could work on the farm while I bake and sell goods at home. Then I got chosen, and my life screwed up."

"In case you didn't know, I'm Shelby's cousin," Ross said.

"Older or younger?" Nick asked.

"Younger," Shelby answered. "I'm fifteen, and he's fourteen."

"Hey, speaking of ages, when are your birthdays?" Jin asked.

"January 17th," Sky grinned. He playfully elbowed Jin. "But you knew that already."

"August 20th!" Shelby sang.

"July 15th," Ross said. "But a year after Shelby."

"November 15th," Max groaned.

Jin cursed. "3 days younger? Are you kidding me? November freaking 18th!"

Max grinned. "Well, I'm older than Jin. My self-esteem just boosted by like, 5%."

"January 22nd," Cory said.

"February 1st, but a year after Cory," Nick said.

"I'm not telling," Okward deadpanned.

"Well, Ross is the youngest. Sky's the oldest. Yay, confetti, fireworks, whoop, whoop," Cory said sarcastically. "Can we finish with story-time already? I'm itching for some action!"

"Well, Cory, we will get to the action after storytime. But unfortunately for you the action is Truth or Dare and all of our sins will probably be revealed." Nick patted Cory on the shoulder.

Cory brushed off Nick's hand. "Ugh, fine. Who's next?"

"Uh, I think it's still my turn," Ross said. He, too, wanted to get "storytime" over with. "My parents and I were chicken farmers, sometimes my parents and Shelby's would work together, blah, blah, blah, and here I am now, okay, NEXT!"

"I'm last, aren't I?" Nick asked. Everyone nodded. "Alright then! Well, I think my story is very similar to Cory's. My beginning consists of bloody murder, and my end, er, well, now, consists of me being chosen as part of the Seven. So! My parents were travelers. They would go around selling their potions for valuable items like bottle caps. Oh, and gold, too." He leaned forward. "But I think the bottle caps were more valuable," he whispered.

Cory shoved him over.

"Okay, okay! Moving on!" he shouted. "My parents were on a trip to a nearby kingdom, when their traveling party was... ambushed by some raiders. They killed everybody in the party. Now, I never go with them on their journeys, so I was, of course, sitting at home. Only one guy made it out alive. He told somebody before he collapsed and died from exhaustion. I was kicked into the orphanage after that, when I met Cory. Then we ran away and there's my ending."

Okward clapped his hands together. "So, hopefully you all understand each other a little more. Now, to get a few more details, we will be playing Truth or Dare. We can go around in the circle. How about... clockwise? Cory, you can start."

"Okay," Cory grinned evilly. Ross instinctively backed up. Ross was glad he wasn't sitting next to Cory.

"Nick!" Cory turned to his friend, still wearing that devilish grin. "Truth or dare?"

"Uh, I think I'll go with truth," Nick responded slowly.

Ross couldn't tell if it was his imagination, but he could've sworn Cory looked a little disappointed.

"Fine. If forced to choose... would you shoot a newborn baby, or a 90-year-old lady?" Cory asked slowly.

Nick groaned. He ran his hands through his brown hair. "You seriously want me to answer that?"

Cory nodded.

Nick tapped his fingers against his knee. "Um, if I had to choose, then I would choose the newborn."

"What?" Why the newborn?" Max asked incredulously.

"Because if I choose the newborn, then it'll be able to escape this miserable thing called 'Life,'" Nick grinned. "Anyways, Shelby!" He turned to the redhead. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth," she said immediately.

"Who do you like? Like, like-like, as in love?"

"Ooh!" Ross and Max said simultaneously. Then they turned to each other and high-fived.

Shelby blushed and looked at the ground.

"Well, I could get technical and say Ross, since he's my cousin. But I'm guessing that's not what you mean." Shelby winked at Nick.

"Obviously!" Nick shouted.

Shelby turned a darker shade of red. "Fine. If I had to choose... I'd say..."

"Go on, tell us!" Sky yelled.

"Cory."