[31] love is in the air

You're welcome, Mchphglove >:D

-

-

-

- Sky's POV -

-

Sky ran away from his friends, down the hall, and turned the corner. He walked into the abandoned room he had seen during their tour of the Live Rebel's base.

He skidded to a stop, the breath knocked out of him. 

He hadn't expected her to be there. Sure, Sky was the one who slipped her the note to meet him there, but he hadn't expected her to actually come.

Yet there she was, as beautiful as a budding rose. Her red hair was swept over one shoulder, and her brown eyes were sparkling with amusement.

"Came from a meeting?" Alesa asked.

"Yeah," Sky panted, "ran... here... fast... as... I could..."

Alesa laughed. "I can tell."

Sky blushed, then mentally gasped at his actions.

Only one other girl had ever gotten him to feel this way. Blushing, smiling shyly-- much different from his usual sarcastic, over-confident attitude.

Then she used him. Toyed with his emotions and threw them away like a used battery.

Sky reminded him that no matter how beautiful this girl was, he had to stay on guard. But Alesa's actions seemed genuine.

They seemed even more genuine when her expression saddened as she sighed, "You're going to fight in the war, aren't you?"

Sky gave her a look that said, sorry, as he replied, "I mean, I kind of have to, as part of the Seven."

Alesa's face seemed to sadden as she said, "That's okay. I understand. You're just doing your duty, that's all, right?" she added hopefully.

Sky nodded.

Alesa cleared her throat. "Anyway, what did you want me to meet you here for?"

Sky mentally panicked. Oh schist. I didn't expect her to ask me straight off the bat. Uh... just, speak your mind, okay Sky?

He then said the dumbest and most embarrassing thing he had ever said in his life, and he's said some pretty dumb and embarrassing stuff before. "Uh, I... kind-of-like-you-a-lot-ever-since-I-first-saw-you-you-looked-beautiful-and-I-just-wanted-to-ask-will-you-be-my--"

Alesa stopped him. "Woah there, slow down! I can't understand a word you're saying!"

Sky tried to calm down. His palms were sweating. "Long story short, I really like you, and... in case I... die tomorrow, I just wanted to come out and tell you how I feel. I don't expect you to return those feelings, you're probably way out of my league. I just wanted to say, I like you. A lot. Thanks for coming."

He started to walk out of the room, before something gently pulled his arm back into the room.

It was Alesa. Her face was shining, as if she were a little kid and Christmas had come early. She smiled shyly. "I'd rather you not die on me, but in case you do, I want to return those feelings.

She pulled him closer to her and their lips connected.

»»--------¤--------««

Sorry about the short chapter guys. Just want to say, you're welcome Mchphglove! I just wasted five minutes of your time!

Also, cast in your votes for either Option 1 or Option 2 (you'll see what they are in my second update)!

That's all, remember to vote, comment, and follow, and I will see you next chapter!

 - Phoenix