[4] the seven

-

- Cory's POV -

-

The new girl had flaming red hair and amber eyes. She was part of the Seven, too. Shelby was the Seven of Love.

The orphanage told Cory and Nick stories about the Arcane Seven.

There were seven people, as usual.

Michael, the Seven of Fire. Okward, the Seven of Lightning. Barney, the Seven of Earth. Lizzie, the Seven of Water. Joel, the Seven of Air. Rob, the Seven of Magic. And finally, Aphmau, the Seven of Hate.

They were on a mission to destroy the Evil. They had formed a plan. Aphmau would sneak in with the help of Joel, who would create a distraction with Lizzie by flooding the Evil's HQ with mist. Aphmau would then spread hate between workers of the Evil, so they would hopefully destroy themselves. The rest of the Seven would find the Head of the Evil and destroy them.

It was all going according to plan, when Joel and Aphmau were ambushed.

Aphmau barely survived.

Joel was killed.

Joel and Lizzie had gotten together as a couple the day before.

Consumed in her grief and rage, Lizzie performed something no other Seven of Water had done before. She controlled the liquid in the Evil's bodies, slowly killing them. They had won. Or so they thought.

The Evil had been developing a weapon. A weapon that would turn anybody to their side. They got Aphmau in the arm with the weapon.

Being the Seven of Hate, Aphmau's loving heart was easily swayed by her power. She was her own downfall.

Aphmau turned the remaining Seven to the Evil. All except Okward, who had disappeared after the final battle.

However, there was a rumor going around. Joel was never killed. He was being kept somewhere, so that it would be easier for Lizzie to turn to the side of the Evil.

Cory was thinking about this as he stared at Shelby. They had followed the path the map had marked out for them, when the mark on the map matched a dirt path deep in the forest. He looked and saw the other dots (presumably the other Seven) were all heading towards the hut, as well. They probably found a dirt path like the one they were walking on.

Shelby was in danger as the Seven of Love. She was in danger from Aphmau, the Seven of Hate, the one who turned the Arcane Seven.

The one who led the attack on the Town Square one day, causing the Lord to order any member of the Seven to be executed or killed on sight. Many innocents and guards died that day.

"Hey, Cory?" Shelby asked.

"Yeah?" Cory asked.

"What's that thing sticking out of your pocket?" Shelby pointed at his mask.

Cory sighed. "Do you really want to know?"

Shelby nodded.

"Fine." Cory whipped the mask out of his pocket.

Shelby gasped. "You're that thief that everyone's been talking about! What did they call you again? Oh, right! You're the Camera-Masked Thief! The best pick-pocket in the kingdom."

"Yeah." Cory put his mask back in his pocket. "Got a problem with that?"

"W-what? N-no, I don't, I'm just... shocked is all," Shelby stuttered. "I'm still in shock from finding out I'm part of the Seven, I mean, what's going to happen to my bakery, my house, my parents?"