[33] battle

OMG I have 10k reads! AND MY STORY IS FREAKING #784 IN FANFICTION! Thank you guys so much! Let me know if you want me to do something special to celebrate!

WE HAVE A WINNER! If you did not vote, or have no idea what I'm talking about, you can go back to the chapter called: schedule [yet another update]. I'll just say this here: Option 1 = trilogy, Option 2 = pentalogy.

Option 2 won the vote! Thanks to all of you who voted! It was a really close competition (Option 1 with 9 votes; Option 2 with 10 votes)! Option 2 will be the future of this series!

I wrote this two days ago, and I wanted to publish it then and there SO BADLY! But I couldn't, because then the book would finish earlier than planned and you guys would have to wait longer for the sequel. I'm writing the next chapter as we speak, so hang in there!

-

-

-

- Nick's POV -

-

When Nick's best friend went up to the group and announced that he and Shelby were officially a couple, he immediately ran up to him, clapped him (really hard) on the back and exclaimed, "Dude! I didn't think you had the guts! Congrats!"

Sky cleared his throat. "That reminds me. Uh, the other day, when I ran off? I was meeting Alesa."

"Who?" Ross asked.

"The redhead talking to Uni." Max answered for Sky.

"Oh," Ross said.

"Yeah, we're a couple now," Sky said slowly.

A moment of silence passed, before the other six exploded.

"WHAT?" Shelby shrieked (which sounded pretty funny with her high-pitched voice).

"Already?" Max asked incredulously.

"DUDE!" Jin shouted, high-fiving Sky.

"HOW?" Ross yelled.

"Woah..." Cory said, not really sounding interested.

"Congrats!" Nick exclaimed.

Sky blushed. Very unlike him (guess that's what love does to you). "Thanks."

"Well, good for you, man." Jin grinned.

"Hey, we're going soon. You guys ready?"

It was Pat. His armor looked brand new. He gestured to the base. "Jen's inside. She'll be safe."

"What about you?" Shelby asked.

Pat patted his sword, which was in its sheath. "I'll be fine."

"Just stay alive," Max said. "We don't want a repeat of Lizzie and Joel."

Something sparked in Nick's mind. He immediately looked over at Cory and Shelby. A sense of déjà vu settled over him.

"Hey, didn't Lizzie and Joel get together as a couple the day before the final battle?" Nick asked. 

Jin nodded. "Yeah."

"Okay, I'm looking at Shelby and Cory, and I'm getting some serious déjà vu," Nick pointed out.

"Why not with me and Alesa?" Sky asked.

"Because Alesa's not fighting. Shelby and Cory are both fighting together. I have a bad feeling about this," Nick said, feeling worried for his best friend and his girlfriend.