[34] control

Is it bad that most of the books in my library are depressing and gay fanfictions? BTW read "Building Bridges" and its sequel, "Mountain," by Speedybox, I really enjoyed it. I also cried. It's a Vikklan fanfiction though. With amnesia. And death. And more death. And like everybody's gay. And most of the main characters got killed off twice. Yeah. You get the gist. I cried a lot reading that series.

-

-

-

- Ross's POV -

-

The first Nick flinched then looked down at the crumbling body of his clone.

"Max," Nick said, his voice shaky, "how did you know which one to shoot?

"Nick, you're kind of a coward and everyone can see that from a mile away," Max responded.

"Yeah, Nick, it was kind of obvious which one was you," Cory added, smirking. Then his smirk faded and he ran up and hugged Nick tightly.

"Don't you ever scare me like that ever again," Cory whispered, his face buried in Nick's shoulder. "I thought I lost you, Nick. You're like Uni to me. I can't lose both of you again." He let go of Nick and punched him in the chest. "That's for scaring me," he said.

"Oh, thank the Lord, Nick," Sky said. Then his brow furrowed. "Wait, actually, don't thank him. But the point is, glad you're alive. We need to get going. Barney probably left to alert the Evil. They'll up their defenses, so we need to keep moving."

"But trust us, Nick, that was pretty painful to listen to," Jin added.

Nick groaned. "Trust me, it was more painful to be a part of." He re-summoned his axe (which he probably lost when he was down in the earth). "Let's go."

They continued their trek, towards the base where they would fight for (hopefully) the last time.

***

"Nathan, hold up," Sky commanded.

Nathan stopped. "What is it, Sky?"

"We're almost there. I think the seven of us should scout out the area ourselves, then come back here and give the army the go ahead," Sky said. "Okward, Joel, Uni, you three should stay here, too."

"Why?" Sierra, appearing from the crowd, asked.

"Stealth," Cory answered. "It's the best option."

Nathan grumbled, "Fine. But be quick. I'll come after you myself if I have to."

***

"Why did we agree to this?" Jin asked, creeping around the forest with Ross and Sky. They had split up: Ross with Sky and Jin, Cory with Shelby, and Nick with Max.

"Because I said so," Sky answered. "Now be quiet, you'll give our location away."

Ross heard a rustling noise. He whirled around. Nothing. 

"Did you guys hear that?" he asked warily.

Jin shook his head. "Nope."

Sky frowned. "Wait, I did. Look, there it is again." He lifted his sword, approaching a bush slowly. "Stay behind me," he said slowly.

He took another step forward. Suddenly, something, quick as lightning, yanked him forward, into the bush. He yelled out. Ross grabbed for him, but it was too late. Sky was gone.