Love Is in the Air

After Will and I got back together, Alex confessed that he helped that creepy Ariana girl get me and Will to break up. Contrary to what you might think, Will and I weren't mad. We easily forgave Alex because this whole debacle has only brought me and Will closer together. The three of us were walking around the park when I saw a particularly familiar redhead walking by.

   "Guys, isn't that May?" I whispered urgently to the boys. 

   "Uh-huh," Alex muttered with wide eyes. He ran up to her, and Will and I followed closely behind. 

   When May saw the three of us, her eyes went as wide as Alex's, her face flushing red.  "Hi, Will. Hi, Sky. Alex," she said in her most polite tone, trying to walk away.

   Alex gently grabbed her hand. "May, we need to talk ." 

   May sighed. "Alright. I've really got nowhere I need to be."

   "May, I never meant to hurt you. That was the last thing I ever wanted to do, and I'm sorry. Seriously, I love you more than anything on this earth. You're my everything, May." Alex's eyes were practically begging this girl to forgive him. Will and I watched them closely, trying to predict what May would do next.

   But we didn't expect her to laugh. "You know, a simple Hallmark card would have sufficed. You didn't have to go all dramatic on me," she giggled.

   Poor Alex's face went from hopeful to confused to elated. "So, y-you forgive me? You're not mad anymore?"

   "Don't be stupid, of course I forgive you!" May jumped into Alex's arms, and the two of them hugged for what seemed like years. It was actually really cute to witness, especially since Alex was about two feet  taller than she was. It was like the Jolly Green Giant hugging one of the It's A Small World dolls.

   "You two are adorable!" I said to the couple for probably the hundredth time.

   "Thanks," Alex smiled, holding May's hand tightly. "Well, what now?"

   Will thought for a minute. "Beach?"

   "Sure. I'll go get changed and meet you guys back at Will and Alex's place," May said.

   "Agreed." The four of us began our walk back to our houses, talking about absolute nonsense. 

   "Why is there an Easter bunny that brings eggs? Like really, shouldn't it be an Easter chicken?" Alex asked with genuine confusion.

   I laughed. "Maybe there was an Easter chicken... and then there was Easter dinner."

   We all laughed at my bad joke as we came to my street. I said my goodbyes to May and Alex, quickly kissed Will, then walked to my house. When I came inside, I saw an extremely strange sight: Andy and Dalton making out on the couch. Without even thinking, I let out a scream. Dalton and Andy jumped, staring at me in surprise.

   "Um... this is awkward," Dalton muttered.

   "Sky, we thought you were out with Will," Andy said calmly. 

   "I came back to change. Would you mind telling me what was going on here?"

   "Andy and I were making out," Dalton said obviously. 

   I slapped his arm. "I knew that, you moron! My question is: why were you making out with my cousin?"

   "We should just tell her, Dalton," Andy muttered, hoping I wouldn't hear.

   "Tell me what?" I insisted, running my hand through my hair.

   "Sky... Dalton and I are sort of... dating," Andy said slowly, avoiding my gaze in fear.