He's Only One Call Away

Sky's POV

   The rest of the day was very uneventful. Apparently, I had been unconscious for two hours, so by the time we got home, it was already 2:00. Andy made lunch, but I told her I wasn't hungry. In reality, I was starving because I hadn't eaten all day, but I really wanted to call Will. I rushed to my room, closed the door, and took out the piece of paper with Will's number on it. I made his contact,  then pressed call without  even thinking.

   "Sky?" Will's voice said on the other line.  

   "How did you know it was-"

   "I've been waiting for you to call, and you've the only Californian that has my number who isn't in my contacts. That I know of..."

   I laughed. "Why were you waiting for me to call?"

   "Because you seemed like a cool girl. And I have nothing else to do so... yeah," Will laughed. "So how is the Fainting Fairy?"

   "I'm fine," I laughed. "How's life for you?"

   "It's your eighteenth birthday, you were sung to by your favorite singer, you got my number, and you're telling me you're 'fine'? Are you a block of cheese, because honey, you ungrateful!" 

   I burst out laughing. "That was a good one," I giggled once I regained control of myself. 

   "Well, listen, I have to go. But I'll see you tomorrow?"

   "Of course." I smiled, even though Will couldn't see me. "Thank you for an amazing birthday, Will."

   "Anytime, princess. I'll text you." The line cut off. 

   I smiled to myself. Will Jay said he's gonna text me.

   Andy came into the room and brought me a toasted peanut butter and Nutella sandwich. We ended up watching Peter Pan (the 2003 version coz it's the best). For the rest of my night, I sat around, listening to Will's EP for the millionth time, anticipating the events that would unfold tomorrow.