Hate Me

A/N The title of this part is in reference to a great song by Blue October. The link is up there^^^ 

   It had been two weeks since Will had kissed me in his car outside of Emma's house, and I was now Will's girlfriend. Me, of all people! We had decided not to make our relationship official quite yet, but Will and I still spent almost every second together. Both of our Twitter accounts were blowing up with questions and comments from his fans. "Are you two dating?" "You guys are so cute together!" "#skill for the win" "Back off @Skykid98, he's mine." 

   Yeah, there were probably a lot of hate comments, but I decided not to read any of them. I knew that reading them would make me upset, and it would make Will get upset at his fans. Why cause drama over a bunch of cowards who have to take to social media to trash people they don't even know? And honestly, I know that none of them mean anything they say; they just don't want to accept the fact that Will likes me. Which is completely understandable- I still can't believe it myself.

   So today, Will and I were sitting at his house, taking stupid selfies and just goofing off. Will took a picture of us just smiling like dorks. He posted it on Twitter with the caption:

   @willjaymusic: Hanging out with this little weirdo again @Skykid98 

   I laughed before updating my Twitter as well;

   @Skykid98: Someone please tell @willjaymusic that I am a happy little moron, not a weirdo

   I heard Will laugh. "Sky?" he murmured, holding my hand. 

   "Yes?"

   "We have to tell them at some point," Will said, referring to his fans and whatnot.  

   "I know, we should," I agreed. "How should we tell them?"

   Will thought for a moment. "YouNow?" he suggested. I nodded, so Will set up his webcam and tweeted that we were going to livestream. 

   "Hey, guys!" Will and I said simultaneously when we saw we were live. The comments immediately started rolling in. "Ugh, Sky's with him." "Aw they're so cute  #Skill" "Why is she always clinging to him? Like, really, get a life, Skylar!" "Hi, Skylar!"

   "Nice to see you guys too," I said, weakly smiling. Will saw the comments, his face turning uneasy.

   "So... Sky and I have something important to tell you guys," Will said awkwardly. "Well, I met her a few weeks ago, and now Sky's my best friend. I feel like she really understands me, and when I'm with her I just feel... I feel like time stops. Sky taught me how to breathe, then took my breath away, and nobody has ever made me feel like that." Will smiled, taking my hand. "Guys, this is Skylar. She's my girlfriend."

   There were even more comments flooding in. "NOOOO!" "Why her? I'm so much better, Will!" "She's just a little gold digger!" "This is your biggest mistake, Will." I knew that this was a bad idea. I knew we should have waited to tell people. Why did I agree to this?

   "Okay!" I said suddenly, standing up and letting go of Will's hand. "I have somewhere I've got to be, so you all have Will to yourselves for a while. Excuse me." I started to walk out, but Will gently grabbed my hand to stop me. 

   "Sky? Are you alright?" he asked with genuine concern.

   Well, your fans hate me, which makes my self-esteem plummet to even lower levels than before. Do you think I'm alright? "I'm fine," I muttered, smiling weakly. "Andy wants me home in five minutes." 

   "I can drive you," Will offered.

   "No, that's fine. You have your fans to tend to. Plus, I live like two blocks from here. See you later?" I walked out without hearing Will's response. As soon as I got down the street, I let out all of the emotions I had been keeping in. I cried so much that my eyes were fogged up. Therefore, I didn't see the person coming toward me that I accidentally ran into. 

   "Sorry, I didn't see- Sky, what's wrong?" Of course I had to run into Alex! I refused to look at him as I wiped my tears with my sleeve.

   "N-nothing," I croaked. "I was just going home."

   "Did Will do this?" Alex asked furiously. 

   "No. We just told his fans we were dating," I explained.

   A look of realization came over Alex's face. "I see." Alex came closer and hugged me, letting my tears get all over his shirt. "Hey. Don't listen to them, Sky. Whatever they said, they're wrong."

   I blinked, unable to come up with a response. Alex was being nice. To me, Will's girlfriend, of all the people to suddenly be nice to. This must be what Cindy Lou Who felt like when the Grinch's heart grew three sizes. 

   "Are you okay?" Alex asked, pulling back to look me in the eyes. 

   I nodded my head in response, then felt another wave of tears. "Nope," I said, laughing lightly as more tears streamed down my face. Before I had the chance to, Alex wiped my tears away with his sleeve. 

   "Sky, don't listen to those haters. You're a great kid, and Will's crazy about you. Even when you're not around, you're all he ever talks about."

   I couldn't help smiling at that. "Really?" I asked.

   "Oh, totally. Congratulations, Skylar, you are my big brother's new obsession." Alex and I laughed at that. 

   "Thanks, Alex. I feel a lot better now." I hugged him again, and he hugged back tightly.

   "Anytime, kiddo. If any of his fans give you any more trouble, just give me a ring, okay? I'll take care of it."

   "Why are you being so nice to me?"

   "Because you're letting me," Alex said, winking at me.

   "Quoting the Breakfast Club, are we?" I laughed. "Really, though, why?"

   "Because I know how tough it must be for you right now. You're dating a semi-celebrity. He's got so many fans who adore him, and they want him to themselves. They think they actually have a chance with him, so they're trying to destroy your relationship. I don't want that to happen because you two seem to really dig each other. " 

   "We do," I said quietly. "I should be getting home."

   "Okay. I'll see you later, I guess," Alex said, waving as he walked back toward his house. I kept walking home, coming inside to see Andy on her computer, watching the end of Will's YouNow.

   "Sky," Andy said when she saw me come into the living room. She gave me a huge hug, I'm guessing out of pity.

   "You saw the comments, huh?" I asked, my sadness coming back slightly as I remembered those haters.

   "Yeah. Sky, those people were way out of line, they shouldn't have said those things to you. As soon as you left, Will told all of them off."

   "He did?" I asked, looking at the now dark screen.  Andy clicked the "Replays" button, then went to right after I left the YouNow today. Will looked really upset as I walked out of the webcam's view.   

   "Guys," Will said sternly the camera. "Stop sending hate to Skylar, please. She's my girlfriend now.I love her, and I can't stand seeing her upset. If you can't accept her, then you guys don't care about me as much as you say you do. If Sky's unhappy, I'm unhappy, so quit this jealousy nonsense and just accept the fact that I'm in love with her."

   Andy closed the face of the computer. "Sky, he really does care about you. You know that, right?"

   I smiled, remembering what Will had said. I taught him how to breathe, then took his breath away. He felt the exact same way I felt about him. "Yeah. I know."