Chapter 21

-Finale-

(By the way, there is no lemon in this but I will come back and make a new chapter with a lemon if I get enough requests for one ^///^)

I paced around the room as Itachi tried to calm me down.

"Obito, listen. I know you're shocked and hurt. But please, you have to calm down," he said. I glared at him.

"You really expect me to calm down? These past months I've been so frightened, trying to remember who it was that killed my family, only to find out that it was me?! How could I calm down?" I yelled, and I heard the door slam open. Deidara walked inside of the room, closed the door behind him and looked at me, a frown on his face.

"What's going on?!" he asked, raising his voice. I shook my head.

"I-It's nothing," Itachi told him, and I saw Deidara stare at him.

"What do you mean? It's obviously not nothing," he said, glancing at me as I continued pacing around the room.

How could it have been me? It must have been a trick, an illusion. Why would I have killed my own family? I wouldn't.

... Would I?

I shook my head, ridding the thoughts that entered my mind. I bent down and picked up my mask from the floor.

"Tobi, let's go," he said, reaching for my wrist. I immediately yanked my arm away and Deidara looked confused. "What's wrong..?" he asked.

"We can't leave yet. I need to ask a few questions before we do," I said, glaring at Itachi. Deidara nodded sadly.

"Just call me in here if he's being a bastard," he said, and I nodded. He hesitated before leaving the room and closing the door. I looked at Itachi.

"Why are you alive?" I asked. He scoffed.

"A bit rude there, Obito. I'm not as stupid as you think. I sort of guessed what would happen with your mom. We were friends before, and she was always so cold towards all of you. But I knew she was trying to hide that she cared for all of you. And I knew about your sister. I knew you might end up doing something you'd regret, so I took pictures that would trigger your memories after I took them away," he said. I looked at him.

"It was you?" I asked. He nodded. "So then why did you end up telling me about it in the end?" He sighed.

"That was unplanned. I overestimated my abilities. I thought your memories would hold back for a while, but it seems my powers were too weak. Your memories began coming back sooner than I expected and you were going to find out the truth sooner or later, better sooner," he replied. I suddenly remembered a past memory. The one where I was... taking my own memories.

A picture flooded into his mind. It flickered like a broken t.v. and as soon as the picture was clear and the mist subsided, the man in the memory was clear.

It was Tobi.

He didn't have his mask on, and in one of his eyes was the familiar sharingan, and the other eye was something else he recognized but never knew he possessed. The rinnegan.

Blood spilled out from the corner of his mouth and he was clearly tired. Lightning flashed and rain pounded the cold pavement. Tobi's shirtless chest heaved up and down quickly, matching the pace of his beating heart. Tobi was standing in front of a church, his reflection in the window. He reached his blood-covered hands over to the window and made a picture on the window, over his reflection.