Chapter 20

(This chapter has just a little bit of angst)

3rd person

Tobi sighed and looked up at Itachi.

"Why do you keep calling me that?" he asked. Itachi frowned.

"You... haven't remembered?" he asked, looking confused.

"Look, what are you talking about? I have no clue what you mean," Tobi replied. Deidara glared at Itachi.

"Hey, didn't I tell you already? Stop bothering us," he said, and Itachi glared back.

"I need to talk with Obito, so can you leave?"

"Okay, his name is Tobi, first of all," he started.

"No, he's Obito," Itachi replied.

"And how do you know?" Deidara asked, raising his eyebrow. Itachi hesitated.

"Because I'm-"

"Itachi!" a voice suddenly said, and then Rin was holding his arm and frowning. "You shouldn't get into fights." Itachi sighed and poked her forehead. (sorry this is cringy but someone held a gun to my head   -_-)

"Sorry, but I need to have a conversation with... Tobi," he said, shaking free from Rin's grasp and pulling Tobi's arm to an empty bedroom.

"What are you doing?" Tobi asked, annoyed. Itachi turned to him with a dark look.

"You can drop the act," he told him. "Obito."

Tobi sighed in his regular voice.

"How did you know?" he asked.

"My name is Itachi Uchiha," he said.

(Tobi's P.O.V)

My eyes widened at the sound of his name.

"I-Itachi... Uchiha?" I asked. He nodded. Uchiha... But, my clan was murdered, wasn't it? I looked at him. "H-How...?" my voice trailed off and he sat down on the bed.

"I should explain. First of all, you at least know that your name is not Tobi, right?" he asked. I nodded.

"Yes, I know it's something else... but I'm not sure," I replied.

"Good. Your name is Obito Uchiha," he said. I looked at him.

"Obito?" I said, unsure. That name just didn't... sound right. Itachi nodded.

"Yes. You should also know, that both of us are the last remaining members of the Uchiha clan," he said. I nodded.

"Yeah, my family was killed, but how did you survive?" I asked, really shocked. How could Itachi be an Uchiha?

Well, it was true that I thought he was familiar, and he did trigger a memory the first time we met. Oh, that was him in the memory, wasn't it? I'm pretty sure it was. But, it just didn't make sense...

"You really don't remember?" Itachi asked.

"Remember what?" I asked suspiciously.

"Okay... Do you remember your family members?" he asked. I nodded.

"It was me and my parents. The rest of the clan lived nearby as well," I said. Itachi nodded.

"Yes, you lived with your parents. But you also live with your sister," he said. My eyes widened.