Chapter 12

Tobi gulped. Deidara stayed silent. 

After a few seconds, Tobi looked down. He grabbed his mask, and began putting it on. 

"Tobi..." Deidara said, stopping him. Tobi looked at the shocked blonde. 

"Uh, yeah?" he asked in the voice Deidara was used to, not wanting to spook him even more. 

"Why-why do you hide this from everyone?" he asked. Tobi looked down. 

"It's complicated," he replied. Deidara began walking towards him. Tobi stood from the chair he was sitting on and made an attempt to put on his mask again. But before he could, Deidara grabbed hold of his wrist, stopping him. Tobi's eyes grew and he stared at Deidara. 

"Why don't you... leave it off for a little?" he asked. Tobi sighed, his deep voice returning. 

"If you'd like," he said, and set the mask down on the counter. He turned back to Deidara. 

"So, that time I- I walked in on you," he said, turning pink at the memory. "That was...you?" 

"It was," Tobi said. 

"So you don't have a brother?" 

"No. Really, you should have guessed that. I mean, weren't you listening when I said my clan was murdered?" he asked. 

"Well..." Deidara looked away. He was, but it slipped his mind. There was no way he could've remembered that when he was staring at a wet, shirtless male. Tobi sighed. 

"I see. Anyways, do you have more questions?" 

"Yes. Why did you keep this from me?" he asked. A long silence stretched out before Tobi talked again. 

"I think I should be going. My brother's waiting for me, you know?" he asked, returning to his childish voice. He grabbed his mask. Turning away, he held his mask up but once again was interrupted by Deidara. Again, Deidara grabbed his wrist and spun him around to look him in the eye. Tobi was surprised to see him standing very close, their noses almost touching. Tobi looked into Deidara's blue eyes for what seemed like forever. And, all of a sudden, he began moving closer, slowly but surely. His blue eyes began to close. Their lips getting closer, dangerously close. Tobi's heart sped up. That was it for him. He had tried, but he just couldn't hold back. He mover closer along with Deidara until their lips were only centimeters apart. 

He heard a door bang. Quickly, Deidara jumped away and it seemed like Tobi's heart would jump out of his chest. Just then, a little boy came into the room. He looked between Deidara and Tobi, who were looking away from each other awkwardly. Tobi put his mask on and cleared his throat. 

"Thank you for your hospitality," he said quietly and left the two standing there. He walked out of the door. 

----------------- 

Deidara's P.O.V

I couldn't believe what had happened. After Tobi left my brother left too. I don't know why he went there in the first place. 

And I didn't know what I was doing. Seeing Tobi's face, and knowing for the first time that that was Tobi, it all felt so surreal. I didn't know what I expected him to look like. Just, not like that. I don't know, maybe not as... 

Handsome. 

The word flashed in my mind but I quickly swatted that idea away. There was no way that I thought of him like that. But still, I can't deny it. He is pretty good-looking. Maybe I didn't think he would be. He didn't seem like the type. But, he had a whole different voice, too. Why would Tobi hide his face? There was no reason to. He's pretty dense- or at least I think- but he has a ton of girls after him. And if he took off his mask, how many more would he have then?

Somehow, the thought made my stomach twist, and the idea made me a bit... what was it? Jealous? Why would I be jealous? Because girls like him better than me? No. What was it? The thought of someone else besides me standing next to him? 

I was so confused. I am straight, right? Did I like him? 

I don't know why I got so close to him before he left. His lips, almost on mine. I was the one who began moving closer, he didn't start it. It was me. Why? What provoked me? 

His lips. They looked so soft, so smooth. My stomach churned. They looked so... inviting.  

I shook my head, dismissing my crude thoughts. I wasn't interested in him like that. 

Was I? 

-----------------------

Tobi's P.O.V

I held my breath as I entered my apartment. Quickly locking the door, I made my way to the bedroom and flopped onto the bed. 

Almost. It had almost happened. I almost kissed him. His brother, good thing he came in because I wouldn't have been able to control myself. 

What had changed? Nothing. And now I'm thinking about him this way. Whats good about him anyway?

He's cold. Rude. Impolite. Anti-social. Awkward. Adorable.. Attractive...

Perfect. 

----------------

Hey all! Well I am updating again tomorrow!

Guess why? I'm not going to school XD

Today I was sent home from school because I have pink eye. It healed like a little, but my mom didn't take me to the doctor so I have to stay home. 

  Well, I'll tell you I had all of the intentions of going to school tomorrow. But I overheard my step-father saying I was staying, and I mean, I won't complain XD 

And yeah, so I have a question. 

What would you guys like to see more of/ happen? 

Idk, I thought I'd take some advice. 

See you all tomorrow or whenever you read the next chapter!

Sorry this was sort of a shorty again :l