Chapter 17

Sorta longy again for not updating in a month D: And Happy Fourth of July! :D

---

I walked out of school, still a little embarrassed from what happened earlier. Deidara- my boyfriend- walked besides me. I sighed.

"Huh?" I heard Deidara say, and all of a sudden he stopped walking. I turned to him.

"What is it?" I asked, watching as he rummaged around in his backpack for something.

"My phone is missing," he said. I raised an eyebrow. "Um, I'll be right back, I'm going to go check if it's in the classroom. Um, you can continue walking." I shook my head.

"Nope, I'm waiting here for you." Deidara glared at me. I crossed my arms stubbornly. He sighed.

"I guess. I'll be quick," he said.

When he left, I walked back to the building wall and leaned against it, waiting. After a few minutes, the schoolyard emptied out and I was the last one left, when all of a sudden I heard a voice.

"Tobi!" Someone called. I turned towards the voice, and Sakura was standing there.

"Hey, Sakura!" I said cheerfully. She looked a little annoyed but she nodded.

"H-Hi..." she said, her voice trailing off.

"What's wrong?" I asked her. She averted her gaze and stopped in front of me.

"I- I wanted to talk to you."

"I'm listening," I replied. She nodded.

"W-Well, I just wanted to know why you rejected me the other day," she said. I looked at her.

"Did I?" I asked. She frowned.

"Yeah, you did. I confessed to you, and you totally just brushed me off." I stayed silent for a few seconds.

"Didn't I give you my reasons?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Yes. But I don't understand. So tell me again. I'll even confess again. Tobi, I like you. I really like you." After a few seconds I sighed in my real voice. Her eyes widened.

"I see. Well then, I'll tell you again. You like me, but you don't know the real me," I said, folding my hands over my chest. Sakura's eyes were still wide, but she spoke anyways.

"B-But if I get to know the 'real' you, I'm sure I'd like that person, too," she responded. I shook my head and walked towards her, causing her to walk back as well.

"I'm sure you wouldn't," I told her, and by the school door I heard another voice.

"Actually, I'm sure she would. After all, someone did fall in love with the real you," Deidara said. I turned to him. "But even if she did fall for the real you, you already belong to that someone... Right?" he asked, sounding a little uncertain. I chuckled.

"Wait, so you have a girlfriend?" she asked, looking less than pleased. I shook my head.

"No, I-"

"So, you don't have a girlfriend?" she asked. I frowned.

"Huh?"

"If you don't have a girlfriend, then why did you reject me?" she asked.

"Look, Sakura, there are many reasons. First of all, there is already someone who is-"

"Deidara said that someone fell in love with you? Does that person know the 'real' you?"
"Actually-"