Chapter 5

His eyes widened. 

He blinked once and smiled warmly. 

"You remember? So you're Obito?" he asked. I tilted my head. 

"Maybe you got me confused, pal. I'm T-O-B-I! Tobi!" I said, and the sharp look returned to his eyes. 

"Ah, I see. Alright then, I must get going. I'm sorry for interrupting-" he started but got cut off by a curious pink haired girl. 

"So, who are you?" she asked, standing besides me. He glanced at her. 

"Itachi." he said flatly. 

"Maybe you should have coffee with us. We were just going into that cafe," she said, pointing to the building. He looked at the building for a bit before nodding. 

"I was about to go there anyways," he said. 

We entered the building and all of a sudden a girl came up to us. She had white hair and orange at the tips that ended above her waist, and dark purple eyes. She also had white fox ears, and a tail? Placed neatly on her head was a headband, a maid headband? And she had on a maid outfit. What was going on?

She welcomed us but not in a way that waitresses usually would. She bowed her head to us, leaving me dumbfounded. What she said next was even more confusing. 

"Welcome home, Masters, M'ladies," she said sweetly. I looked at the others. The girls eyes were  bright but Deidara was looking away with a bored expression while Itachi stared at the girl. 

"As I thought. Your working today?" he asked the girl. She looked up from her bow. She looked at Itachi for a moment before smiling widely. 

"Oh my gosh Itachi! Yay you finally visited! I would hug you but I'm totally not allowed to pick a favorite customer," she exclaimed. 

"I know," he replied. 

"Jeez, cold as ever, huh?" she pouted, poking him in the shoulder. Then her eyes lit up. 

"Oh but today my best friend is here! You know, the one I told you about that you've never met yet?" Itachi sighed. 

"Please just get us a table. I can feel your boss glaring at you." The girl gasped and turned around. Quickly, she led us to a booth. I looked at Itachi once we were all seated. 

"Um, could you maybe introduce us, 'cause I'm really confused," I said seriously just as the girl came back from the kitchen carrying menus. 

"Right. This is Rin Hatake, my girlfriend," he replied. I turned to the girl Rin, who smiled brightly at me. 

"That's me!" she exclaimed before dragging someone out from behind her. "And this anti-social little turtle is my best friend, Misaki Hyuga!" Rin was holding the girl by the back of her collar while she struggled to get away. She had light blue hair, almost white, and she had lavender eyes like Hinata. She had on a white t-shirt hidden under a blue fluffy vest and white leggings leading to a matching pair of blue fluffy boots. 

I heard Hinata sigh across from me. 

"M-Misaki, you need to hang out with people more," she said shyly. The girl snapped her head towards the shy Hyuga. 

"Look who's talking!" she growled, than stomped off, breaking Rin's grasp on her. 

"Heyyy! No fair!" she called, then grabbed her again. She looked at me. 

"Could you make some space for Misa?" she asked, and I looked to my right, at Deidara. He moved over closer to Itachi, and I moved over too. Rin sat Misa down next to me and she crossed her hands over her chest, looking away. She didn't say a word to anyone. As soon as she was sat down, Rin giggled and smiled at us.

"Okay, what would you like to order, Masters, M'ladies?" After ordering our food, I turned to Sakura. 

"You didn't tell me we were going to a Maid Cafe!" I exclaimed. Sakura smiled. 

"My bad, I guess I wasn't thinking. You don't mind, do you?" she asked. I shook my head. 

"Not at all. I've always wanted to go to a maid cafe! I love seeing girls in those cute maid outfits!" I cried, and I got a reaction out of Misa. 

"Pervert," she scoffed, not even looking my way. I turned to her. 

"Well, it's not for dirty reasons or anything. Girls are just so cuuute!" I said, and Deidara let out a low chuckle. 

"You really do sound like a pervert there, Tobi. Watch your mouth," he said, and I looked at him, pouting. 

"Don't you think so too, though?" I asked. He looked away, his face pink. I giggled and looked at Sakura. 

"So, how old are you?" I asked her. 

"16, and so are Ino and Hinata," she said. 

"And you?" Ino asked, her blue eyes staring at me. 

"17. I outrank you all!" I said happily. 

"Actually, Itachi is 18," Misa spoke from besides me. I looked at Itachi, who looked surprised that she knew. 

"Really? Noooo!" I exclaimed, pretending to cry. Itachi chuckled. 

"Yes, I'm 18. I used to live near the gates of Konoha, where my clan was located," he replied. I looked at him. 

"Really? My clan was near the gates too!" I said, smiling. Itachi smiled sadly, speaking softly. 

"It worked. You really don't remember," I heard him say faintly. 

"What was that?" Sakura asked. Itachi shook his head and Rin came back with out food. She smiled and put down our orders on the table. When she was about to leave her eyes widened, and she looked at me. 

"Oh! Yeah, that's right. Um, your name was Obito, right?" she asked me. "Obito" again?

"Where did you get that? My name is Tobi," I responded. She frowned. 

"Yeah but, I saw a picture of you. In Itachi's room! It was really creepy, with a lot of blood...Yeah, when we first began dating, and I asked about it and, he told me that your name was Obito. Or something like that, right?" she asked, turning to Itachi. "I just remembered, but it kept bothering me, I thought you looked familiar and I just remembered." I turned to Itachi and his face was red. 

"Um, aha, actually, that's not what I told you, Rin," he said, a forced smile on his face. The corner of his mouth twitched as he continued, and he laughed flatly. "There you go with your bad memory again. I told you his name was Tobi, and his picture wasn't like that at all," he said. Rin looked surprised but she nodded and turned to me, smiling. 

"Aha, sorry about that," she said, and sauntered off. But I was confused. 

How did Itachi know who I was? Why did he have a picture of me?