Chapter 8

Deidara's P.O.V >///<

-------------

The bell rang and the end of the day finally arrived. I stood up and grabbed my books. I was about to head out when I noticed a certain idiot was staring off into space. I sighed. 

"Hey, Tobi, class is over," I said. When he didn't respond I tapped on his shoulder. He jumped a little and looked up at me. There was only one place I could really look, so I looked into the hole in his mask where I knew his eye was. Although I've never seen it before, I think it's black, like his brothers. 

Tobi continued to stare at me and I started feeling uncomfortable so I scoffed and slung my backpack over my shoulder. Heading out of the classroom, I waited in anticipation of the hand on my shoulder that always came after I left the classroom. At first it was kind of annoying how he would always do that, but now I'm so used to it, and sort of starting to enjoy the comfort and warmth it gave me. 

But it didn't come, and so I was alone. I exited the school building, and turned to walk in the direction I lived. I had a car, but it wasn't working well so I was forced to walk since my parents work early in the morning, mom leaving at 4:00 a.m and dad at 6:45 a.m. The house was pretty far, but I didn't mind a quiet walk. 

Or so I thought. But lately I've gotten accustomed to the loud noise and cheery atmosphere Tobi gave off, and I felt sort of lonely walking alone, in the silence. 

Before I reached home, I turned and walked in the direction of my little brother's elementary school. He get's out the same time we do, and I usually pick him up so he won't walk home alone. It's not that it's unsafe, he has a shortcut that cuts through some yards even though the school isn't far at all, very close actually, not like Konoha high. But, Haruki is usually home alone since mom and dad work most of the day and I have work after I drop off Haruki at the house until 6 p.m. I at least want to give him some time with me. 

I usually dropped by his school in my car but since I don't have it...

As I approached the small school I saw many short students running past me, and they kept glancing at me. 

I kept walking towards the front where Haruki always waits for me, and saw him immediately. He was easily distinguishable, with his blonde hair. It seemed the school was filled with students with dark hair, but he looked happy, talking with a few other boys. 

"Haruki," I called out as I got closer. He looked up, and smiled at me. He ran over and grabbed my hand, dragging me over to the group of boys. 

"Deidara!" he exclaimed, clearly excited. "I want you to meet my friends." I looked at them and tried my best to smile. They looked amazed. 

"He's your brother?" one of the boys asked. 

"Uh-huh," Haruki replied, smiling at them. 

"He's so tall!" another boy said. Tall? Hardly. I chuckled. Deciding to be friendly to my little brothers friends, I placed my hand on the little boys head and ruffled his hair. 

"One day you'll grow as tall as me," I said, smiling warmly at him. His eyes widened, and he looked shocked. Then his face grew into a bright smile. I turned to Haruki. 

"We should get going." He nodded, and after he said bye to all of them, he held my hand and we began walking towards his shortcut. 

---------------

When we got home, he immediately went up the stairs and into his room. I sighed. He was obviously used to being alone. 

Leaving the living room, I entered the kitchen to get something to drink. I didn't have work that day, since I didn't have a ride, so I was pretty bored. I got a water bottle from the cold refrigerator and took a big gulp. As I was finishing it off, I heard a ring coming from my phone. Throwing the water bottle into the trash bin, I answered my phone. 

"Hello?"

"Is this Deidara?" a high voice said on the other line. 

"Uh...who is this?" I asked, frowning. 

"Sakura," she said. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is short so I will update tomorrow afternoon, cause I gotta sleep >,<