Chapter 18

(Unedited) 

--

On Sunday, it was about noon when I received a message from Rin.

"Hey, it's Misaki's birthday on Friday so I'm throwing her a party on Saturday. Do you think you can make it? If you can, let me know so I can send you the address ^~^"

I read it and laughed.

"Can I bring Deidara?" I sent back.

"Of course!"

"Then I can make it."

After she sent me the address I called Deidara.

"Hello?"

"It's Tobi. Are you free next Saturday?"

"Yeah, I think so, why?" he asked.

"Remember Misaki? Rin is throwing a party for her. Come with me!" I said.

"Uh, sure, I guess. If you want," he replied.

When we hung up I sighed. I guess I was going.

Time skip to the party because writing about school sucks ^x^

The day of the party came and Deidara was going to meet me there. I just decided to put on my regular clothes, and I went on my way, following the address that Rin had gave me. I held her present that had taken me so long to choose in my hand. Rin helped me find something for her, since I knew next to nothing about Misaki. But we decided on a music box, in the shape of a cat. Inside, there was more cats standing around a girl, and when someone would wind it the cats would walk around the girl and a soft lullaby of the song "Happy Birthday" would play, and it was wrapped in a small box. Rin said she would love it, so I wasn't worried.

When I finally arrived, I knocked on the door and Rin answered it. There was music playing inside and it seemed pretty lively, which surprised me.

"Glad you could make it, Tobi," she said, smiling brightly at me.

"Oh, it's cool, but I didn't realize Misaki was into big parties like this," I told her. She laughed.

"She's not to fond of them, but she says it's alright if everyone else is having fun. Besides, she seems much more happier now," she said. She let me inside, and as I entered I looked around for Deidara. He hadn't arrived yet, but I did see Misaki in the corner of the room, looking awkward. I walked over to her.

"Happy birthday, Misaki. This here is for you," I said, handing her the box. She took it from me and looked up at me. Honestly, she was really tall, almost as tall as me, and I'm about 5'9", so she really didn't have to look up at me. But she looked at me, and she smiled, and it was the first time I saw her smile. It was so cute. "You don't have to open it right now," I said, sort of embarrassed.

"I am. You went through the trouble of getting me something, although I'm sure you had Rin's help." I looked at her and laughed nervously. "But it's okay. Because you got me something at all, thank you. And having Rin help you isn't bad, because you wanted me to like your present. So, thank you," she said happily. She was honestly not how I thought she was at all.

She opened the box and as soon as she saw the present her eyes widened.

"Th-this is..." I waited not so patiently to hear her reply. She looked at me and smiled. "Thank you, this is so cute," she said, as she opened it and the music played. She looked at the cats and smiled, when all of a sudden I felt arms around my shoulder.

"No flirting, you two~" Rin said. Misaki immediately blushed a light shade of pink.

"We weren't flirting," she said. Rin laughed.