Chapter 11

Tobi walked out of the school building alone. The last few days he had walked out with Deidara, or Ino or Sakura. But today, he was alone. Well, it didn't really matter anyways. 

He walked out, turning towards his house. Standing a few feet away, he saw Deidara, with a red-haired, young looking man. Tobi walked over to them. 

"You've changed," the mysterious man said. Deidara crossed his arms over his chest and looked away. 

"Hey Deidara!" Tobi exclaimed. He turned back to look at who called his name, and when he saw Tobi he scoffed. The man smirked. 

"Is this you friend?" he asked curiously. 

"No." 

"Yes." 

"I see. So, how does Deidara act around you?" he asked. Tobi took a deep breath.

"Mean. Cold. Anti-so-" 

"That's enough," Deidara cut him off. 

"If anythings enough it's your fake attitude," the man retorted. Deidara glared at him. "You see," he started, turning to Tobi. "Deidara is really-" 

"Don't," he cut off once again, and walked away. Tobi looked at the man. He smiled at him. 

"Sorry. My name is Sasori. Can we talk?" 

----

"I apologize for dragging you away from anything you had to do," Sasori said, looking at Tobi over his cup of tea. 

"It's fine. I had nothing to do anyways."

"Great. So, where were we?" he took a sip of his hot drink and looked at Tobi seriously. 

"You see, Deidara... He never used to be... How he is now," Sasori started. "I've known Deidara since we were kids. And well, he... He was very different. He was kind, and gentle, and sweet." Tobi scoffed. 

"Hard to believe," he muttered. Sasori chuckled and nodded. 

"Yes, but its true. Things change, though. Before he lived in Konoha, he lived in a small town. The school that he went to, the kids didn't think too highly of him. They thought he was a snob, even after much proof of his sincerity. And, at the time his parent's didn't work as much. They were always there to welcome him home. Days started getting busier, to the point where he wouldn't see them the whole day, or maybe even two or three. And school was getting worse. The students began picking on him. Of course, he didn't like it. So, he fought back. But not for long, because his dad was transferred to a different location for his job, and they moved to Konoha. I ended up reuniting with him in middle school, when I came for a visit. He had turned arrogant, very arrogant." 

"Like how he is now," Tobi said. Sasori shook his head. 

"No. Arrogant as in 'My art is awesome, better than all, I'm most important, bow down to me,' blah blah blah. He said it out loud, too. He told everyone. Now he's more quiet, still arrogant but more like, he gives the vibe, he doesn't have to tell everyone because instantly they know it. He wasn't as cold, either. He was actually pretty lively and friendly. I left first year of high school and came back the second. I left again this year, a little before you came. But while I was here, he was like how I just described. I don't know what made him change, but I know for sure he's still the kind, generous person I used to know." 

Tobi flinched, remembering the time he bumped into him. 

 As he continued walking and staring, he felt a body shove against his. The powerful push sent him flying back, falling onto the hard pavement. He heard someone gasp, and he looked up to see the back of long blonde hair.