Chapter 16

I'm really sorry for making everyone wait for this chapter for so long! As thanks for everyone waiting for so much time, here's sort of a longy, so get comfortable! :)

---

"A... date?" Deidara asked. I nodded. I watched as he looked away bashfully, and I laughed. "Is that a yes?" 

"W-Well, the way you said it, it was more of a statement, so how am I supposed to respond?" he said, sounding shy. 

"Well I mean, I guess it was a question? Will you go on a date with me?" I asked, a little confused. 

"Um, yeah. Of course." I smiled under my mask. 

"Great. Come on," I said, watching as he went into the bathroom. I sighed and sat back down on the couch, putting my shoes on. I stood up and Deidara walked out. 

"I wish you didn't have to wear that mask," he said. I nodded.

"I do too. It's really stuffy, but we're going out into the public, so I have to." Deidara sighed and I laughed. "But don't worry about that. Let's go!" I said in my childish voice, walking to the door and opening it. I opened it for Deidara, and he looked at me as he walked out. 

"Why do you treat me like a girl?" he asked, looking a little cross. I walked out after him and locked the door. I turned to him. 

"Well I'm definitely not the submissive one." Deidara frowned. 

"Oh hell no, I am not the submissive one!" he exclaimed. I laughed. "Don't laugh! I'm not!" 

"Okay, so it's not me, but it's not you," I said, "then who is it gonna be?" 

"We don't have to figure that out yet," he said. I smirked. 

"So then when?" I asked. His face turned bright red. "You see? You might not be very submissive but you're a lot more shy," I said. 

"W-Well that's only because you say things like that!" he exclaimed. 

"Like what?" 

"Like... like that!" he replied. 

"But hey, you're shy, and you look like a girl, so you should be submissive," I told him. He shook his head. 

"I do not look like a girl!" he exclaimed. "If I did... Would that mean that you're actually straight? And you like me because I look like a girl?" I chuckled. 

"Not at all. I like you because of your personality, because of who you are. Not for your looks. You hardly look like a girl anyways." Deidara frowned. 

"So then why are you saying I do?!" 

"You look like a girl more than I do, that's good enough." 

"Whatever," he said, turning away and walking down the stairs. I followed after him quickly, matching his fast pace. 

"Geez Deidara, are you trying to leave me?!" I asked, pretending to sound hurt in my childish voice. He nodded. 

"Yes. Because you're calling me a girl. And because you're slow," he said, walking a little faster. I pouted. 

"You don't have to be so mean!" I walked after him until we reached the sidewalk. 

"Where are we going?" Deidara asked. I laughed. 

"It's a surprise, but follow me. We're going on the train," I said, picking up his hand and immediately dropping it. 

"Tobi?"

"Do you still have that tongue thing in your hand?" I asked. He laughed and brought up his hand. The tongue fell out of the line in his hand and I jumped back.