Chapter 17 - I'm Sorry...

(That moment where you update a book a year after it dies *fingerguns* :) )

Jay's POV
I saw... Cole... But he's d... Dead... He was hugging me but I couldn't feel it and I didn't know what to do. I just stay there for which felt like hours but then I scraped up all the courage I had and spoke up.. 

"C-Cole...?" I whisper in fear.
"It's okay... Why are you crying...?" He whispers.

"B-Because... Y-You died!" I whisper/shouted.

"But I'm right here..." He says confused, letting go of me, was I going insane...?

"I-I saw you die... H-How...?" I mutter...

"If this is a prank then it isn't funny..." he growls, yep, it was him...

I couldn't say anything... What could I say...? I had to test if he was really there. I put my hand up and tried to cup his cheek but... It just fazed through... He was a ghost, I could now see the green tint around him and how he was see-through. His eyes widened, he started to shake. He couldn't believe it.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper and try to hug him but... I just fazed through him.

"H-How did I die...? I don't member anything..." He mutters.

"Blood lose, I think... We all got attacked by some man... Zane is hurt, Kai is missing and Lloyd is too..."

"... What do we do now...?" he questions quietly.

"I... I don't know..." I mutter, then I remembered, "I think Nya knows... She was going to say something before..."

"Oh... Let's go then..." he says and stands up.

"W-Wait! You can't go... I think they might over-react... About all of this..." I say. "Also we're not sure how this is even possible..."

"Oh..." he says, sadly.

"I'm sorry..." I mutter.

"No... It's alright..." he says, still sounding hurt.

"I'll be right back... Don't move..." I open the door and start to walk over to the others.

"Oh... Hi Jay... How are you holding up...?" Nya sniffed, obviously been crying.

"I should ask the same thing to you..." I mutter, hoping she didn't hear me, "What do we do now...?"

"What...?" she says, confused about something.

"I said what do we do now?" I say again, frustrating slightly in my voice.

"Aren't you sad that he is dead or that Lloyd and Kai could be too?" she says, starting to get angry.

"Yeah, I am but I want to keep on moving forward," I say, almost yelling.

"Wel-!" she was about to yell something at me but then...

"Ahem," It was Zane, standing there with some crutches, "I believe Nya had something to say about Kai..."

"Oh yeah... Well um, I have a tracking device on Kai and it's still on, which means..." she says, smiling, wanting me to continue.

"Which means we can find Kai!" I say, the words bring a smile to my face.

"Yeah," she says before adding, "It turns out he is in an abandoned place up North,"

"Let's go then!" A voice says, that made the blood in my face go. It was Cole's voice.

Everyone, except me, turned they heads to face the green ghost. Everyone was speechless and Everyone's mouth was slightly ajar. Except me. I was scowling at him.

"I told you to stay put..." I say, irritated.

"Sorry... I got bored..." he chuckles nervously, Yep, it was still him.

"H - He... C-Cole is dead... h-how...?" Nya stutter behind me.

"Um yeah... He's a ghost now..." I say nervously, looking at them.

"I... don't compute..." Zane respond with, the both of them were staring at Cole with wide eyes.

"I.. I'm not sure what to say..." Nya says, her eye twitching.

"Well how about we just get to work to find Kai and pretend none of that happened...?" I suggest, Nya looks at me for a second before clearing her throat and saying.

"I guess so..." she turns back to the computer and adds, "If we set off now, we can quickly get to Kai and maybe if we're lucky, find Lloyd... hopefully,"

"Then let's get moving, we don't know what could be happening in that building..."