Chapter 10 - A Puddle of Blood

Chapter 10 -  A Puddle of Blood
Kai's POV
I couldn't bare to look at him, he has already gone through enough, he doesn't deserve this. But it's also that he will find out on his own and it will just make it worse. But I looked straight at him, but I was nearly in tears.

"Kai?" Lloyd's innocent voice spoke, what am I going to do?

"Lloyd, we've got to talk..." I told him, his face became worried yet curious, why was I the one to tell him?

I take a deep breath. And I look it his eyes. And I say what I came here for.

"Lloyd, your mom went missing..." I say, and I could just see in his eyes, his life had just crashed. Flipped all the way upside down. What have I done?

Lloyd's POV
My mom has gone missing?! How could this be? And why didn't they tell me?! Now hold on Lloyd, before you lash out, how about you listen to him. He is still talking, he has to have a reason, right?

"But we did find her..." Kai spoke, he didn't look happy but I sure was, that was until he continued... "Lloyd... She was... Dead... There was nothing we could of done... I'm sorry..."

My life crumbled right in front of my eyes with just that one word, "Dead". Quickly tears start to form and go down my face. No, it couldn't be! She can't be dead, She can not be dead!...

I feel arms around me, I look up and see Kai hugging me, this just makes me cry more and I wrap my arms around him tighter. Compared to Kai, I'm tiny, my head is only reaching to his chest so I just cry into that. Not to my surprise, he was very warm... He pats my back but then we hear someone call his name.

"Sorry buddy but I've got to go... I'll see you when I get back though..." He says as he lets go of me and closes the door so it's darkness once again.

I miss his warmth now... I open up my backpack and look though it but there is one problem... I CAN'T FIND MY BLOODY RAZOR BLADE ANYWHERE! I starts to take out all my stuff from my bag but it is just not there!

Yes I was going to cut again but it helps... I'm going to have to go outside and get another one... I groan at the thought, me, going outside?! I don't think so, but it looks like I have no choice...

I got dressed and grabbed my phone and backpack, after I put everything in that is, and opened the door to my room. I continued to walk and as I walked, I took out my phone and put on my headphones, and I started to listen to my music.

It seemed to be too happy for what I am going to do but I didn't really care. I just about to go to the front door without begin noticed when I hear Zane's voice through my headphones. I groaned inside my mind as I take off my headphones.

"What was that Zane?" I say, trying not to sound irritated.

"I said, where do you think you are going?" He says in his emotionless voice.

"Oh I'm just um going for a walk..." That was all I could think of.

"Okay then..." He says, a bit concerned, as he walks out of the room.

That was close... I open the door and I feel the cold air on her face, put my hood up and put my scarf on. The hood to hide my identity and the scarf so I don't freeze to death. I start to wake the empty streets, cars rarely racing by, there was a lot of rubbish in the streets, empty crisp packets and tipped over rubbish cans in the dark alleyways.

I finally made it to a corner shop that didn't look like a drug store, I open the door and I look around. There isn't any signs so I have to go through ever single row to find what I need. That's when I saw it, a packet of cigarettes. The only problem is, my ID card says I'm still 10 so I can't buy them. But maybe...

"What do you want at this time of night, kid?" Says the man behind the counter.

I look at my watch, it's 10pm. That's why Zane sounded concerned...

"What do you think I'm doing? I'm buying stuff," I say as I put my hood down.

"Wait a second, aren't you the green ninja?" The man says.

"Um yeah... Why do you ask?" I turn around and pretend to look at something, but I'm actually smirking because this was my plan.

"Why golly! Lloyd Garmandon is in my shop! You can have anything you want for Free!" he says.

"But you do have to make a profit so it's fine but..." I saw as place the cigarettes on the counter. "Do you think I could buy this? Even if I'm underaged?"

I say, as I lean on the wall. He looks at me but then starts to think.

"You know what, sure, the cops here are really dumb and probably won't find out," He says as he scans them and passes them over to me.

"Thank you," I says as I fake a smile.

"No problem and you know what, have a lighter with it, see it as a deal," He say as he puts his hand under the counter and gives me a lighter.

"Really? Thank you so much... Are you sure I don't have to pay? Because I can jus-" I say as I start to look through my bag.

"No no, its fine, just take it," He says as he passes the lighter and cigarettes over to me.

"Thank you..." I say, as I walk out of the shop and I hear him say. "And remember to tell your friends about Centers Renters!"

I just ignore it and walk over to a alleyway just around the corner. I pull our the cigarette box and I get one out and I put it in my mouth. I then get my new lighter out and try to spark it. I tried 5 times but the 6th one was the charm as it had lit.

"Finally!" I say but then I see someone, Kai.

What was Kai doing here! I quickly take out my cigarette, that I didn't even get to get a puff out of and put my hood up. Luckily he didn't see me but you don't know so I ran for it. But then I stopped at an another dirty alleyway, to catch my breath.

I has dropped my cigarette while running so that wasn't going to happen if they were looking for me. But then something sharp and shiny catches my eye, a shard of glass.

Maybe I didn't have a razor blade but at least this us something sharp. I grab the glass and sit on the floor. I roll up my sleeve to reveal the horrible cuts and I bring the glass up.

I cut and it starts to bleed a lot. It drips and then it becomes more than a drip. It becomes

a Puddle of Blood...

1239 words and counting, see ya guys until next time!