Chapter 16

A/N: sorry for the cliffhanger.

When Levi woke up he was surrounded by darkness. The faint sound of tires whirring on pavement was the only thing he could hear. His head was pounding from the pain and it was that that made him remember what had happened. He tried to shift and prop himself up but his hands were tied behind his back with rope that was cutting into his wrists, making them itch. He was startled out of his mind when he heard a voice call to him.

"Levi? Are you awake?" He recognized the voice as Erwin's.

"You fucking idiot, you got us kidnapped!" He whisper yelled. He suddenly noticed that it was very cramped in the space that they were in.

"I know. I'm sorry, I dozed off and forgot to keep a look out."

"No shit! Now we're probably going to die." Erwin had never seen Levi so panicked before, but he did have a reasonable cause.

"We're not going to die. Nile may seem threatening, but in reality he's just a little old man with a lot of money." That did nothing to help calm Levi.

"Oh, so that means that he can get all his goons to kill us. Thanks Erwin, that really helped!" Well he tried. Levi wasn't necessarily panicked, more mad than anything else. He gave a very important job to Erwin and he didn't even get it right. How was he supposed to solve a murder case with a guy who couldn't even keep watch a few feet in front of him? He was hopeless.

"Where are we anyway?" He asked.

"In a trunk." Erwin replied simply.

"Great." Levi said sarcastically. Then Levi noticed that Erwin's voice was not coming from directly in front of him but rather below him.

"Where are you?" Levi asked. He was very confused.

"Um..." Erwin said awkwardly, "my dick may or may not be right in front of your face, but it's clothed so there shouldn't be a problem. Also my face is in your crotch, so yeah." Levi sighed. Why did he get stuck with Erwin, of all people?

"Where are w-" Levi was just about to ask another question the car hit a particularly deep pothole and his head hit the bed of the trunk, causing pain to shoot down his spine.

"Ow, fuck!!"

"What happened?" Erwin said immediately.

"I hit my fucking head because the driver is an asshole and you let us get caught!!" Levi yelled.

"Hey, keep it down back there!" A gruff and muffled voice yelled. They guessed that it was the driver who was probably getting tired of their bickering. So they whispered instead.

"Stop blaming me for everything! Without me, you would be nowhere on this case right now! I'm the one who lead you to Horse, I'm the one who's lead you to Nile, and I'm the one who pointed out the irregularity in Historia's hair! So shut up and think of a way we can get out of here!" He did have a point. Levi would be a lost cause without Erwin. Levi hated to admit it but he needed Erwin if he wanted to solve this crime. This was also the most he's ever had to do to solve a case. Since the case started he arrested Erwin on a train, made a deal with him, fought him, fucked him, became a stripper, broke into a mob bosses garage, and now, to add to all that, has gotten kidnapped, and it was all because of Erwin. Some of what had happened had made him extremely mad and outraged, but all of it helped with the case, well maybe not all of it, but most of it.

Before either of them could talk, the car came to a screeching halt. They could hear the door opening and closing and then the door to the trunk was opened and they were blinded by a bright flashlight that shone on their faces.