Chapter 9

"He says the guys name is Levi." Mike said to Hange. It was late at night and they had waited all day for Erwin to send a reply and now that it finally came they were both more than happy. Ecstatic even.

Hange started typing in the name and searching through files. It took them no more than five seconds to find who they were looking for.

"Levi Ackerman, age 35, height... 5'2!!" Both Hange and Mike burst into uncontrollable laughter at the information, despite the worry in the back of Mike's mind.

"Erwin got arrested by a person who's 5'2!" Mike yelled in between fits of laughter and slight anger. He couldn't believe that Erwin got so careless that he let someone a foot shorter than him take him down. The thought alone was enough to make him cry.

They heard a bang on one of the walls and a moment later the voice of their neighbour was yelling, "keep it down!"

They both apologized and kept reading the information on the page about the man named Levi.

"He's a homicide detective..." Hange observed.

A thought clicked in Mike's mind, causing him to go wide eyed with disbelief. "Erwin is a father..." He mumbled. Hange seemed to not have remembered. "What?"

"Erwin is a father... His daughters dead..." He realized. The room settled in silence; Mike thinking the thought over while Hange continued to mindlessly scroll through Levi's information file.

Mike couldn't believe that Erwin was a father. I mean of course he knew that Erwin would have sex often but he didn't have a clue as to who he was so involved with that it was unprotected. It kind of made him mad. Maybe even a little jealous. But that always happened when he would see Erwin with a new partner. It was as if every time Mike would see Erwin flirting or with a woman he would be yelling in his mind, I'm right here. I've been here all along. Please see me. It was as if he pleaded for it.

"There's no address on here." Hange said, face lit up by the computer screen, casting their features in a bluish glow. Mike's head turned in their direction.

"No address?" He said disbelievingly.

"Nothing." Hange confirmed. Mike ran a hand through his hair and blew out a long breath.

"I'm sure if I looked around long enough I'd find him." Hange reassured him. It eased Mike to a certain degree; he knew Hange would be able to find Levi's address.

"I'll text Erwin again and see if he knows and if he doesn't than you can start looking." Hange nodded their head in agreement.

Mike grabbed his phone off the floor and sent Erwin another message.

As Erwin put the phone down on the wooden surface of the nightstand he heard it ding again and picked back up, unlocking it and reading the new text.

Do you know Levi's address? Mike questioned. Erwin quickly texted the address that he remembered on the way there and put the phone back down. He settled under the covers of the bed which was surprisingly more comfortable then he had first thought. He closed his eyes and started to drift off into a mostly peaceful sleep.

Mike received the message and told Hange the address. Thoughts ran through both of their minds as they thought over the information they gathered. They needed to get Erwin back. That much was a given.

"We go to the address tomorrow." Mike confirmed.

"And if they're not there?" Hange asked, eyebrow raised questioningly.

"We wait."