Chapter 19

A/N: this is one heavy chapter. I didn't mean for it to get so angsty and feely, it just happened. If you haven't read or watched Levi's back story then you won't know who Isabel and Farlan are. And I found the picture at the top and I was like "oh, cool."

Levi woke up stiff and sore but he felt good. His body ached but his mind was at peace. For once he felt like he was okay with the way the case was unfolding. He felt like taking a break.

"Good morning beautiful." He heard a voice groan. He sat up and turned in the direction of the voice. He was met with Erwin's face in the pillow with the most sexy bed head he'd ever seen. Levi found it almost unfair.

"Morning." He said back.

"Who are we seeing today?" Erwin asked.

"No one."

"What?"

"We're taking a day off." Levi decided. Erwin seemed to be all for the idea.

"Let's do it." Erwin agreed.

Their morning was slow paced and casual. Kisses were exchanged. It was when Darius phoned that things were not so peaceful anymore. Levi heard the phone ring and ran to go and pick it up before it went to voicemail. When he hit talk he had to hold the phone away from his ear because Darius was yelling so loudly.

"Ackerman, I want you in my office in ten fucking minutes or else you're fired!!" Then he hung up the phone. Levi knew he'd probably be fired either way. He was fucked.

"Who was that?" Erwin asked.

"Zackley. He wants me to come into the office." Levi said bitterly.

"Can I come with you?" Erwin asked.

"If you want."

They got dressed and made their way out of the apartment. They both knew they were in trouble. They got into Levi's car and made their way to the station within ten minutes so at least Levi wasn't going to be fired because of that.

When they entered the station everyone's eyes were on them once again. Erwin didn't understand why they were so important that everyone always looked at them so weirdly.

"Ackerman, in my office, now!" Darius yelled through the open door of his office

"Wait here." Levi said to Erwin as he walked into Darius' office and closed the door behind himself.

Erwin suddenly had an idea. If Levi wasn't going to talk about his past then maybe Erwin could find someone who would. He knew just the person to ask.

"Well if it isn't Erwin Smith. How's it going my man!" And he didn't have to look very far.

"Well if it isn't my favourite pair of wings. Ral, how's it going?" He asked Petra who skipped up to him. She was even shorter than Levi and Erwin found it to be quite funny.

"I'm good. What about you?" She asked.

"I'm fine. The case is going well and I think Levi has warmed up to me." He said. Petra's eyebrows raised.

"He did?" Erwin nodded.

"But there's still one thing I don't know about him. Do you think you could help me figure it out?"

"No problem." Was the cheery reply. "What do you want to know?"

"He hasn't told me anything about his past. I was wondering if maybe you knew something." He explained. Petra's face immediately dropped and she cast her gaze to the floor.

"It's a really touchy subject for him and he never talks about it with anyone. Even I don't know about his past and I've known him forever. I'm sorry but I can't help you there." Erwin was very disappointed now. Levi seemed like such a mystery and he wanted to solve it. He wouldn't stop until he did.