Chapter 59

(Elsa)

Hans turned to the Commadore who was now standing on the middle of the ramp. "So I take it you won't be returning home to the isles with us?"
Hans looks down to my sister. "I am already home." He smiles. "But no, I will not be making this trip with you. Commadore I leave you in charge." He says, wrapping an arm around Anna for support. "Please ensure the finest treatment of my Aunt and the other princesses. These ladies are indeed royalty and deserve our utmost respect and southern hospitality. The small castle by the shore my mother gave to me for my 18th birthday, I hereby give to them should they wish to live outside the palace walls, or simply to retreat occasionally when my multitude of brothers become to much." He laughs, before kindly looking up at the beautiful princesses who were now lining the railings of The Guardian.

"My people are good and will treat you with the kindness that your highnesses so rightfully deserve. If my aunt sees you as her family, then you are my family as well... and you have the my love. I hope that each of you ladies will find peace and happiness upon the shores of my homeland. But should any of you ever wish to charter and try to find your own homeland again... I shall fund the journey for you, no matter how long it takes. I wish you the best of luck ladies, and will visit soon."

He turns his attention back to the Commadore. "Tell my father I am truly sorry for my actions. Tell my mother I will visit her frequently, and give her my love." He pauses for a second, as if deeply thinking something. "And my brothers..." he starts, looking back between Anna and Elsa. "Send them my love as well... to all of them."

After the ship sailed, we all walked back to the center of town together. The villagers trailing behind at a respectable distance. The injured Prince had one arm around the Shoulders of Jack for support. Even though he wouldn't admit it, he was in a bad shape. Several Stragglers awaited us at the church, it was Kristof and his Family, his hand firmly in the hand of our Guide... Everything clicked into place in my mind. It was Kristof she loved, he was who the lumberjack girl trudged through the snow with us for.

The villagers quickly walked around us, streaming into the church and retaking their places amongst the pews. In what couldn't have been more then 30 seconds, all villagers were inside and it was just us and the Rock Trolls. "I see it..." Hans is the first to break the tense silence, he is looking at the girl. "You were upset because... Ooooh" he realizes outloud. "Now it all makes sense..." he points back and forth between Delilah and the Ice Merchant. "You were upset about the wedding because... him" he motions toward Kristof. "I was..." he nods towards Anna. "Because her." Then he noticed everyone else staring intently at him. "And I'll be quiet now."

"Anna..." Kristof Addresses his former fiancé, stepping up towards her. "I'm... sorry..." He apologizes. "Im sorry I didn't tell you. I didn't even realize myself until..."
"Just then at the altar?" Anna finishes for him. He nods yes. "Me to!" She exclaimed.  "Anna I'd  like you to meet someone." He pulls the tall, tanned woman up beside him. "This is Delilah."
"You are the guide aren't you? The healer?" Anna asks calmly, stepping. closer to the other woman. Delilah doesnt answer, only nods.  Anna quickly reaches out and grabs her hand. "You cared for my injured people. You saved Hans life... I am eternally in your debt Delilah!"

"You are Delilah?!?"
Hans eyes light up with another spark of slightly pain induced realization.
"So that's who what you were going on about in your sleep!" Hans says abruptly to Kristof. "Not flowers!"
Everyone glares at him again. The spark dims and he takes a step back. "I'm sorry. I really am. It's those purple pain herbs she gave me... No filter!" He shakes his head, shutting up immediately. A small chuckle escapes Anna and she takes Hans hand once more. "I believe you already know Hans." She blushes.

"Both fortunate and unfortunately." Grins Kristoff, holding out his hand to the Prince. They share a manly shake.
"Your lives are all so much more complicated then any story I could ever tell..." Comments Jack, scratching his head. Causing everyone to laugh.

"Tell me about it.." Kristof's Rock Troll father comments. Everyone immediately remembering his family had been silently witnessing this exchange. "How about we get you all hitched now... before anything else comes up." His adopted mother quickly suggests.

"Wanna get married?" Anna turns to Hans and asks excitedly. "I thought you'd never ask!" He chucked sarcastically, pulling her into a hug. "Though it will have to be in this..." he tugs at grey shirt, the blood from his wounds had just managed to get past the bandages during all this receny activity, and had now started to seep onto the grey fabric. "Because if I go upstairs to change... I don't think I'll make it back down." He laughs at himself. "Besides..." he slaps his hand to his face in continued laughter. "I think I left all my luggage on the ship."

"I can fix this." Elsa steps up, placing a hand on his shoulder, his eyes widen in slight panic white magic swirls from her hands and all around him, the plain grey tunic he wore turns to extravagant white and blue silks. In an instant what he was wearing is transformed into wedding attire fit for a king. She steps back and he stares down at the flawless suit in awe. "I did not know you could do that!" He says hurriedly, turning to Anna. "Did you know she could do that?!?" He asks with nervous awe. "I did not know she could do that."
"Wait... the ice powers I get... But magical tailoring?!? Is that really a power? How does that relate to snow and ice at all?!?" He rambles...

---

This time no objections were raised when the question was asked. Kristof and Delilah sat in the pews alongside his family, holding hands and smiling warmly the entire time.

"Do you, Jack Frost, Ice Wizard and Guardian of Winter... Take Elsa Of Arendale, to be your wife and Queen, to love, cherish, honor, and rule fairly  by her side for as long as you both shall live?" The Vicar poses this holy question. "I do." Answers Jack, his eyes brighter then fresh snow as he gazed at me with what I can only describe as pure love.

"Do you, Prince Hans of the Southern Isles, 12th son of your good King, Take Anna of Arendale, to be your wife and Queen, to love, cherish, honor, and rule fairly by her side for as long as you both shall live?"

"With or without the crown... wherever, whenever... I absolutely do." He answers through the happiest smile ever to grace his perfectly cut face. My heart warmed, no one could fake it that good. It was real.

The holy man turned his gaze to me next, along with every other set of eyes in the church. "Your highness... he nods respectfully. "Do you, Elsa of Arendale, Take Jack Frost, to be your husband and King, to love, cherish, honor, and rule fairly with him by your side, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." I answered without hesitation. It was the easiest question I had ever been asked. I felt him squeeze my hand with giddy affection.
The same question was asked of my sister and she answered even faster than I did, her voice so completely sure of the words. "I do."

Next we all kneeled onto the steps, the Vicar first placed my father's crown upon Anna's head. Blessing her reign by making a cross in the air above her head with his hands. Next he placed my mothers crown upon me. She would rule until winter, then we switch, and I would rule until summer. How fitting given that her beauty and presence has always looked like summer, and mine has always been said to be winter. Jack and Hans are fitted with their own, smaller golden crowns. "Wow... that's heavy." He whispered to me as we rose from kneeling. "Heavier than you think." I whisper back.

"By the power vested in me by the church, and good King Henry, your  grandfather... I now pronounce you  married and shared rulers of Arendale. May your reigns be long, noble, kind and just. You may kiss the Brides.

I stare up and Jack, hearing the sounds of Anna's passionate kiss behind me, and the cheers from the people. His hands go softly to my cheeks, and we share this perfect warm kiss, the best possible way to start our marriage.