Chapter 35

Elsa's POV

I watched Jack search the hill yet again, he's been up there all afternoon looking for his staff and still couldn't find it. I had a pretty good idea what happened. When he gave up his immortality he also gave up being a Guardian, and when you are no longer a Guardian, you have no use for powers. I didn't have the heart to tell him that so I let him look. I think he already knew, but had to make sure.

What have I done? Is he going to lose his mind without his powers? Much like me, It's been a part of him his for almost his entire existence! I couldn't help but feel a ping of guilt for everything I put him through, and now, with this? How is he going to live without his staff and his powers?

I sucked in a breath and began making my way up the hill, as much as I would like to indulge in jacks wild goose chase to find a staff that is clearly not here, I have a sister and kingdom to get back to. He turned when he saw me coming and stopped searching. He lifted his hands up and ran them down his face in frustration.

"It's not here, I looked everywhere." He said.

I placed my hand on his cheek and looked at him lovingly.

"I know." I whispered.

He gazed into my eyes, then placed his hand over mine. I noticed a piece of his hair had fallen above his eyes, at first I smiled thinking of how cute he looked in that moment, but then my hand moved from his face and grabbed the stray piece of hair.

Something looked off about it, it didn't match the rest of his hair. No this peace wasnt its his usual silvery white blonde, no this was darker, way darker. It was brown! He noticed my concern and with the corner of his eye he glanced at the peace of hair. His eyes widened with realization before they fell back to normal.

"I hope you like brunettes." He said in a small laugh.

"What do you mean? What's wrong?" I asked in worry.

"There's nothing wrong, I am just in transition" he said

"What do you mean? What kind of transition? I asked

"Back to human" Jack said. "I'm no longer immortal, I'm transitioning back into what I was before."

Back to human?

Oh. I often forgot that he was a Guardian, nearly a god.
To me he was always just that adorable, annoying , sweet yet slightly insane man that rescued me from my icy slumber. I couldn't tell if the mention of being human again made him happy or sad, his face bore not much emotion at the moment.

"So, you had dark hair?" I asked in disbelief. I couldn't really imagine him with it.

"And dark brown eyes, quite the Tan too. Sorry." He smiled at me sadly. As if recalling a memory from long ago.

"I am sorry, if it wasn't for me and my stupid mess, you wouldn't be here in the first place. You'd still have your powers and you'd still be a Guardian." I speak out of guilt.

His emotionless face shifted to one of concern and love as he wrapped his arms around me, and pulled me close to his chest, he placed his chin on top of my head. I breathed in his familiar scent. I found myself holding him as tight as I possibly could. I used to be able to go years without human contact, but now I felt as If I even went a day without being in his arms that would already be to many.

"Don't ever be sorry Elsa. The day your mess started was the day my life began, from the first sight of you I knew you were the one. I chose to be with you because I love you, I am in love with you, and I wouldn't change a thing." He said sweetly.

"But what about your powers.."

"Darling, love is sacrifice. Can't you see I would give up anything and everything to be yours?" Jack said.

I starred up into his eyes at that moment. How could this be? How could I find a man who cares so deeply for me? All I really done is treat him badly and ripped him away from everything he knew, but somehow he was glade to take the leap, for me, to be with me. How do I even deserve him? I love him beyond words, and he loves me just as much. I couldn't ask for anything more.

"Your worth it, my ice queen."

I pulled him into the most passionate and loving kiss yet.

*****

Delilah came out with supplies we would need for our Journey, she also took me around back to see the transportation we would be having. There stood 3 horses. One White , one light brown , and one a deeper shade of brown that was almost red. Delilah easily mounted up onto the red one. She possessed such swift strength, reminding me of how Kristof would mount his beloved reindeer Sven. How they would run through the castle grounds together. They always brought so much joy and laughter into the palace walls. Especially to Anna, I missed them both terribly.

Jack helped me onto my mount. The white steed named Ares, he then mounted the brown horse. After a brief supply check we were well on our way to Arendale.
***

Next chapter! Hope you guys like it! Vote and comment as always! (Mariska98)