Chapter 43

"Prince Hans?" I asked in disbelief. I must have misheard.

"You must me mistaken. He is a horrid man who is so consumed with wealth and power that he was willing to resort to murder!" I yelled angrily to the soldier who looked like he would rather be anywhere else in the world right about now.

"I know your highness, but I am not mistaken. He is one and same." He said in a humble tone.

I let out a deep breath trying to calm myself down. If he hurt her he's going to wish himself back to the days of isolation and imprisonment.

"Anna had sent a messenger to every kingdom, including the Southern Isles, asking for help, but instead of sending one of his many brothers like Anna thought he would, the King sent Hans as punishment, because he knew it would be more than likely a suicide mission." Explained the man.

"What did he do when he got here? He tried to take over didn't he? I bet Anna's disappearance is all his doing." I said running my hands over my face on the verge of rage filled tears.

"No. Actually he was rather helpful. Securing the castle and training the troops. Anna told him to leave at first but he refused. He stayed here in the castle with his men and had them guard it day and night. He however never left her side. He watched her as if she were a porcelain doll." He exclaimed as if in disbelief at his own words.

I looked up at the man in confusion. This did not sounds like Hans at all.

This didn't sound like the Hans I knew and hated. It had to be another act, some trick? Never the less I would find Anna and return that beast to where he belongs, Behind bars forever so he could never hurt anyone ever again.

"Tell me more about what happened after that?" I asked.

"Several nights ago your sister ran after Sven, who have broken out of his corral. The prince ran after her. When they didn't return I sent a small squadron of men to investigate and they came across a Abandoned Viking camp site. The royals had been kidnapped.." He gulped sadly.

My fears grew with every word.. Anna.. What have they done to you?

"Not long after that, Kristoff returned after 5 fortnights of us thinking he was dead.. He was just as shocked as you were to learn that Hans and his men were Assisting us and that he and Anna were kidnapped. He took over as Commanding officer as we had no one else to lead us.... That was until Hans came back."

"Came back?! What about Anna? What happened to Anna!?" I yelled at him. "That scoundrel abandoned her?!?"

"According to Hans, he didn't abandon her, she ordered him to leave. To return and gather the troops. Surprisingly he did just that, he came back. Telling a tale how The queen had been taken to the vikings hold out on the Garmon Island. He told such a compelling story that all here could not help but believe him. Even Kristof."

I listened as he told me the rest of the days events. How they had taken back the city and even managed to capture a squadron of the horde and lock them into the dungeons of Arendale.

Anna had gone through so much in my absence.... I took a deep breath as I felt a reassuring hand on my shoulder. That's right, Jack was there with me, and a confused looking Delilah as well. I was so caught up in the Guards story I haven't even noticed. I took a deep breath to calm myself once again.

"Thank you," I said to the guard. "You my return to your post."

He bowed respectfully and gave a small smile to Delilah and Jack before he turned to leave.

"Wait!" I screamed remembering something and someone very dear to me. "Where is Olaf?" I asked as he turned around and his face darkened.

My heart dropped as I prepared myself for the worst. He pointed outside to the snow-covered courtyard. "He's out there your majesty. He's been frozen ever since the day you left, he's but an ordinary snowman now."

Without a word I ran outside and glanced everywhere, finally the sight of his frozen frame caught my eye.

Not you to! Oh please no!

I ran to him and fell to my knees. I heard someone running behind me and wrapping there arms around me as I fell, breaking it somewhat.

"Elsa, what is it? Its just a snowman. What's wrong?" Jack asked, confused.

"He's more then just a snowman, he was my friend, one of my best friends. I created him. He isn't supposed to be like this! He walks and talks and moves! Why, why is he simply just a snowman now? I must of done this when I died...."

"You didn't die" he said as he pulled his arms tighter around me. "I might as well have." I cried out.

"Don't say that! We will get them back, we will find a way. I might be powerless but I'm not useless, and I won't stop till we get them back. You don't deserve this, you've had Enough misery to last 10 life times so I'll be damned if I'm going to watch you suffer anymore..." He said full of strengths and sincerity.

Just then I heard something fall, I looked down and saw the pen that the man in the moon gave Jack hitting the snow with a soft oomph.

Jack looked at it oddly as he reached down to grab it, once his fingers touched it, the pen flew back from his grip. It started shaking and glowing the purest white imaginable. Sparks flew from it and hit the frozen snowman that was once Olaf. The pen grew bigger and bigger till it became Jacks curved staff. Jacks eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas morning. The staff flew to him as if it missed him and he gladly took it and gazed it over with love.

He looked back at me and smiled, he looked Complete!

The snow began to fall in reverse. Lifting itself up and off the ground. I could see grass and flowers again. It was summer once more!

"Hello Elsa!" Said a light happy voice from behind me. I turned to find a happy little Olaf skipping Towards me...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I think this chapter speaks for itself!! Sorry for the long wait, been very busy with work and also going Through family problems.. Next chapter will be up shortly.. Please vote and comment

Mariska98