Chapter 47

Jack and I flew at impossible speeds across the sky. My insides turned at the thought of my little sister in the hands of those monsters.

Jack sensed my uneasiness and squeezed My hand a bit tighter in reassurance. I was thankful for it, but it wouldn't help me.

The only thing that could ease this gaping hole inside of me was seeing Anna safe and sound.. I knew it was wishful thinking but Anna always use to tell me to hope for the best, she was annoyingly optimistic like that..

God I missed her.

After what felt like a lifetime, I finally saw huge armada ships far below us. Jack began circled them.
"Which one do they have her on?" He asked me. Clearly uneducated in navy tactics.

I looked down to the ships below and squinted my eyes, something was different about one of them, it was more harder to see, like as if fog was covering the sight of it completely.. Wait no... Not fog, no it's smoke. Cannon smoke!

"Jack" I gulped, as I pointed to the most terrifying vessel I had ever seen, it was blacker then the night and bore blood red sails. It wad tethered to a beautiful smaller golden ship, a slimmer, faster, more aerodynamic vessel that could only belong to The Southern Isles. "that one!"

He gripped me tighter as he changed course, starting to Descend to the ship down below. A flash of bright red hair caught my eye, down below I could make out three figures Huddleston against a wall, without a doubt, the one in the middle was my sister.

I let out a long sigh of relief, which was short lived once I saw the cannon pointed at her. I took aim...

"Elsa, please be careful."

••••

Thick smoke covered the main deck of the black as coal ship, I heard sounds of cannon fire ringing out in the distance, and the screams of soldiers crying out in pain. The clear waters of the eerily still ocean reflected the heat of the sun, affecting Jack and I immediately . My vision blurred as my head started to pound like a hammer. I pushed it to the side, I had to use what little power I could muster to help my sister, and save my people.

I heard a terrifying, animalistic like roar from behind us. I turned around just In time to freeze the barbarian who tried run me through through with a crude spear. In what wasnt even a split second later, I heard another cry from behind me but by the time I turned around, Jack had already froze 2 more men who tried to attack us.
By this time the heat was near paralyzing.
My dress already clung to me with sweat.
If I didn't do something fast, I would pass out.

A sudden stroke of genius hit me, I grabbed my blue skirt and lifted it slightly, stomping my foot into the hard surface of the deck. A two inch floor of rippled in all directions from the ball of my blue heeled slipper. Creating a 30 square foot slippery slope for all who wished to attack us.
Also the coolness of the ice floor beneath us recharged my companion and I just enough to keep on fighting.

Men seemed to be coming from every direction Jack and I had a hard time keeping up due to our still weakened states. Luckily we weren't alone, I began to notice members of my own Guards and members of what looked like the militia of the Southern isles fighting alongside one another.

"We can't stay out in this heat much longer!" He said stating the obvious as he blasted back two Vikings at the same time.
But what he didnt notice was all the frozen in place bad guys, combined with the gusts of wind that skimmed the deck, the temperature had lowered. Not by much, but just enough.

I took a moment to look around, I could hardly see the water with the sun glaring In my eyes. I suddenly realized what had to be done. I had to make it winter again.

"JACK!" I yelled. "Cover me"
I ran to the edge of the ships and starred at the shiny sun kissed water below.
I looked back again to make sure jack was holding up the fight and wasn't surprised to see him kicking some major butt, or should I say freezing it?

I turned back to the water and extended my hands. A smile crossed my lips as as the power slipped out of my hands and down to the water below. I had regained just enough strength.... I froze it! I froze all, again.. Light snowflakes fell from the heavens down onto the deck.

As I swiveled back around, I bore witness that the fight was over, all the vikings were nothing more then ice statues. And the rest of the armada was frozen in place, cannons jammed with ice, useless. They would have no choice but to surrender, white flags slid up the masts of each ship in the bay. The war was over.

Now free from the distraction of the battle, the men began to crowd around me, whispers and mumers of disbelief filled the now icy air.
"Queen Elsa... she's alive!"
"Impossible..."
"But how?"
But soon, one by one, they all bowed to me. One stepped closer, someone I never thought I'd see again, or that I wanted to see.

"Hans?!" I whisper an exclamation. His body was battered and bruised, he looked exhausted and his eyes showed a heavy weighted soul. "Your Majesty..." He bowed deeply, just a yard away. Voice sounding pained, like he was expecting me to kill him, and worse, he sounded ok with it.

"Elsa!?!" A familer voice cried out from the next ship over. "Anna?!?" I called out across the frozen decks desperately. Our eyes locked as she stepped over the ramp that connected the two vessels of war.
I barely recognized her, even at a distance, as Kristof helped her down off the rail.
She looked so different, her hair hung loosely around her, instead of in its usual braids, she wore a tight fitting scarlet dress that... thank god our father wasn't here to see.

In my distraction I didn't notice the one remaining viking appear from his hiding spot behind the mast, crossbow aimed directly at my heart.

I watched as Anna's eyes went wide. "Elsa!" She screamed. I had just enough time to turn around and watch the barbarian pull the trigger.
There was a flash of red and gold armor, and then a sickening thud.
Hans lay crumpled on the floor, it took me a second to process what just happened.

Hans had just taken an arrow for me.

______________________________

-Authors Note-

Hi guys, so sorry for the long wait, we had some personal issues to take care of, but everything is AOK right now. So no more long waits, we promise.
Can't wait to hear what you guys think.
Lots of love little frosties.
-Mariska98 and Geekpower1