Chapter 14 | Big Yellow Cab, Give Me Whiplash

Ariel's POV:

“Whoa !! What are you doing here ?” I pulled back and looked him up and down.

He had gotten much taller compared to when we were kids and really – I mean like really really – cute : He had grayish hazel eyes , slightly pink lips , he finally let his hair grow out but it was in neat cornrows , he was about 5’8 , and his white shinning teeth were flashing at me. “Well let’s all grab a taxi then we can talk about that. I’m not in the mood to get the flu.”

“Amen. I like you already.” Chyna said.

He chuckled and got a taxi--that could fit all of us--to stop.

We all climbed in and asked the driver to take us to the hotel. Surprisingly , it was only 10 minutes away so I waited until we were there to say something. Ariyan , Lila , and Tierra were in the opposite direction so they took another cab to Tierra’s house.

“Home at last.” Ray sighed with relief.

“Yuup , who wants me to make them hot cocoa ?” Prince asked.

“Oooo me !” Everyone rushed outside the car with sudden excitement.

I shook my head and laughed. The rain had stopped just as fast as it came.

“Ari you comin’ ?” Roc lingered at the open door.

“I’ll be there in a sec. Make sure Prod doesn’t drink my hot cocoa tho’ !” I smiled.

He laughed lightly. “Anything for you.” He gave Deandré  a look then closed the door , leaving us alone besides the driver.

“Yo, my man. Can we get privacy for a sec’ ?” De asked.

“Nope , unless you want to pay for each second that’s going by. Scram.”

De rolled his eyes , handed the guy some money , and helped me out the taxi. The guy skirted away down the road so fast , I got whiplash.

“Anyways.” He turned to me and grinned.

I kept a straight face because his smile was so infectious. I just wanted to touch his one dimple. . .

“Awwwl your old friend can’t get a smile, Ari?”

“Nope. You’re really different , De.”

“Yeah I know right. . .I was a pretty dorky kid.” He laughed distantly. “Remember those days ? You were always my super girl on the playground.”

“Yeah good times," I sighed.

“Why the long face ? You miss me that much ?” He wiggled his eyebrows.

“Duh ! You just left me friendless and what not.” I hugged him with my head on his chest.

He wrapped his arms around me. “Well I’m back bestfriend , for good.” He kissed the top of my head.

----------------------------Flashback-------------------------

It was the middle of 4th grade year. A new kid had moved into this boring old town. He was scrawny and nerdy like so a lot of the kids in our grade would pick on him during recess. One day he was on the swing next to me and we talked a little. During that time I wasn’t a techno geek. Actually the same Kathrine that bullied me was the same one I was best friends with. Now that I look back , I was just her little follower. I’m glad that I met De , in a way he saved me too or else I wouldn’t even know MB or have a site.