Chapter 18 | It's 5 o'clock in the Morning

It’s 5 o’clock in the morning

Conversation go boring

You said you’re going to bed soon

So I snuck off to your bed room. . .” My phone went off, indicating a call from my mother.

My first response was to press ignore before it woke anyone up at literally 5 o’clock, so I did. Sorry mom! I looked around at everyone and saw how wildly they were strewn across the room. Nia was on the couch, Prodigy was on a bean bag against the wall, Chyna was curled up in a ball in the middle of the floor, Ray Ray’s crazy self was down the hall in his bunk; I could see his arm hanging out. So, he decided to take the time to walk to his bunk, but not to wake us up to go to ours? Thanks, Ray. I got you later. Princeton was next to Chyna with most of the covers they were sharing on him.

Oh, you want to know where Roc and I are? Well Roc’s leaning against the couch with pillows propping up his head and I’m between his legs, resting on his chest.

And I thought I’d just wait there.” Roc whispered in my ear as he gave me a light squeeze. “Good morning, love.”

"Same to you." As if sensing I was turning around, he moved back and I brushed my lips against his.

"Tease."

I laughed lightly. "All day baby!"

Ray groaned from the hall. "Get a room!"

"I will when you grow beyond 4 feet." Roc rolled his eyes.

Ray's head shot up and he glared. "Don't go there Roc. I'll grow. . . when your soldier is bigger than mine."

I laughed and Roc blushed. "Shut up, Ray. You don't even know that. . ."

He shrugged. "Or do I?" When he saw the look on Roc's face he chuckled. "A question that will never be answered."

“Don’t give him the time of the day, boo.”

Nia's head popped up next. "Every. Single. Morning. You do this to me guys! You're lucky it was amusing to listen to tho'."

"I know right," Chyna and Prince sat up.

We all looked at Prodigy expectantly, but he continued snoring. So much for continuing the chain!

The bus came to a halt and the door creaked open. The sky was still gray, for morning hasn’t completely appeared yet. At the sound, all of our heads popped up, including Prodigy who woke up. (So he wakes up from a creak? Only Prodigy.)

“Who is it?” Prod croaked with fear slightly elevating his voice.

Whoever it was popped their head in all the way, pushed down his shades, and grinned at us. “What up guys!” He slid himself all the way through and stood with his arms open.

“What the—Dylan?!”

“In the flesh. Now, is somebody gonna show their boy some love, or what?”

All of the boys jumped up, ran over to him, and gave him either dap or a secret handshake.

Chyna, Nia, and I eyed each other and spoke through expressions.

All: Dylan???

Nia: He looks familiar though.

Chyna: Wait, I’ve seen this dude before!

Me: You guys confuse me *Ray Ray shrug*

Chyna and Nia: Sucks for you.

Me: Shut up.