Chapter 32. The funeral

(Alexandra's POV)
I rested my head on Cameron's shoulder, and let the rain drown my black dress. Standing on front of my brothers coffin, well that I never imagined. There weren't that much people, Cameron said that Justin wasn't really that social. It was my turn to say a speech, but I knew I couldn't get through it with out crying.

I begged Cameron to skip my speech but his mum insisted. I walked to the stand thingy and swallowed the huge lump in my throat.
"Um....so I didn't really know Justin, although he was my brother....ahh"
I could already feel the tears coming, so I put my head down and I just let them go. I heard footsteps coming towards me. I could recognise the persons shoes. It was Natalie. She hugged me.

"Go sit down, I'll take care of it." She whispered and gave me a week smile. I went and sat down at the very back row where the leaves covered half of chairs.

Natalie started talking, but my daydream took me away from what was happening.

(Cameron's POV)
She went and sat at the very back, so after Natalie gave her speech, I went after her and sat next to her.

"Cameron?" She said
I gave her my full attention.
"Can you do me a favour?" She asked getting something out of a big plastic bag. I nodded
"Would you mind putting this on the grave for me?" She asked giving me a picture frame with a drawing of Justin on it.
I nodded and gave her a week smile.
I took the frame and her hand and pulled her, making her stand up.

She gave me a confused look.
"No, you do it. I'll come with you though" I said giving her the frame.
"Cameron, please..."
"I'll come with you." I cut her off.
She nodded and I held her hand and we intertwined our fingers together. We started walking to the grave.

Alex took the frame and put leaned it on the gravestone. Then she took flowers out of her plastic bag and decorated the grave. My tears were slowly escaping, so I rubbed them off quickly hoping she wouldn't see them.
She then stood up and stuffed her face in my chest.
"That's the thing about pain, it demands to be felt." I said hugging her back. She looked at me surprised.
"You watched the movie?" She asked.
I nodded rubbing her years off with my hands.

I saw Natalie walking towards us with Matthew. When they arrived they hugged Alex and said sorry for what happened and all those stuff.
"Everyone is going now."Natalie said.
"Can you do me another favour?" Alex asked me
"Can you drive me to that stationary store? I want to see the note that he left there."
I didn't even answer I just got my car keys out.

"We'll come with" Natalie and Matt said. We walked to the car. Alex went in the passengers seat, Matt and Natalie went in the back seat and I went behind the wheels.
===========================
{at the stationary store}
(Alexandra's POV)
I ran inside the store, heading straight to the cashier.
"Hi" I grabbed the lady's attention
"Oh hey, you're Alexandra, right?"
I nodded
"I'm so sorry for what happened. Here's the note he left you yesterday." She said handing me an A4 piece of paper. I opened it and Cameron and I started reading it.

[A/N: play the song not about Angels by birdie in the background while reading this for a better effect.]

[Dear Cameron
I don't know what to say. I always would ruin everything good that would happen to you. But you still treated me like a brother no matter what.
I made my sister's life miserable, cause I was the cause of the accident that killed our parents, and also she didn't enjoy the rest of her life because of me.

Every Time she would look at you, her eyes just start shining and you could see the happiness filling her. And now I ruined that for her, as you broke up with her when you saw her with me.

So I decided, I would end all of this. I don't want to hurt anyone else. Especially the ones that I love. If she's still alive, please tell her that I'm truly sorry, tell her that even though we didn't meet for about 14 years. She was still the best sister I could ever ask for. And I'll never forget all the love and kindness you've provided me with, through out the years. You're like the brother that I never had.

Before I go, I wanted to do something right for once. So tell Alex that I'm sorry For going through her emails but Meena was about to ruin everything in her companies to get revenge from her hiring Carters dad. Don't worry, I took care of it. Now her companies are managed by Carters dad. Sorry for not taking her opinion, but trust me I've dealt with this man for years and just know her business is in good, caring hands.

Please don't feel bad for me, or make your life miserable cause of my death. But be happy for my life did not end, but truly it will be the day my life begin when I see you living in peace and love for the rest of your lives.

Yours sincerely
Justin]

(Cameron's POV)
I looked over at Alex, to find her rubbing off her tears while her head rested on Natalie's shoulder and Natalie was hugging her back. And Matthew had his hand around Natalie's hip, resting his head on hers.

I found a tear drop landing on the paper not realising that it was my own.

We got out of the store .
"I'm so sorry, but I have to go!" Matthew says.
"It's okay. Thanks for being here. We really appreciate it." Alex replied
He nodded and smiled back.
"Nat, are you coming?"
"No, I'll stay with..."
"No go, it fine. You deserve some fun after all that." Alex cut her off.
"Are you sure?"
Alex nodded and gave her a smile. So Natalie hugged Alex then hugged me and then she went with Matthew.

"What now?" I asked Alex putting my hand on her shoulder.