Chapter 26. Cameron vs. Justin

{a month later after Alexandra's first date}
(Alexandra's POV)
Me and Cameron have been dating for a months now. It's everything I've ever dreamt of. I used to watch romance movies especially my favourite, the fault in our stars and wonder when am I find my true love that's gonna end my misery. But now I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up my friend.
[only people that watched the movie would understand]

Life is so great here that I decided to move to LA. I can still manage my work from hear. Thanks God, laptops exist. I told Natalie and Cameron and they were overwhelmed with my decision.
So the past couple of days I've been looking for an apartment.

Anyways right now I'm at Cameron's house having lunch with him. He's leaving for his tour to Europe next week, so I'm trying to make the best of every second right now with him.
"So how is everyone?" I say while taking a big bite from my pizza slice

(Cameron's POV)
"Every one's great" I replied with a smile.
"That's good" she says. Her phone started ringing. She got it out of her pocket.
"Who is it?" I asked
"I don't know." She said with a confused look then answered.

"Is this Alexand...." The person that was calling said. I couldn't hear everything.
"Yes" she said firmly
"This is the Los Angeles labs......."
She then got up and walked away. She was about two meters away, so I couldn't really hear what the person was saying. But why on earth would the LA labs call her for? As far as I know they don't have any business together.
"Mhm"
"......"
"Yup"
"......"
"Okay thank you very much, bye" she said and hung up
"Why are the LA labs calling you?" I said stuffing pizza in my mouth.
"Nothing really, Meena was just being herself. She gave blood samples of one of the employees to get examined to prove that he's not good for the job because he has this really bad disease." She said while shaking her head.
"But why did she send them all the way to LA? Why not another lab in Florida?"
"Because she's Meena. She wants the best results. So most likely she sent the samples to labs in Florida, LA, Newyork and so on."

(Alexandra's POV)
I had to make up a lie on the spot. I couldn't think of any thing else. I couldn't tell him the truth either.
Imagine you're having a dinner with your girlfriend and all of a sudden she gets a phone call. You ask her why did they call. And she simply says that your brother is actually her brother.

And that's exactly why I didn't tell him the truth. If I do, that will ruin our relationship and it will make Justin in comfortable. For him it would be like his brother and his sister are dating. So I decided to keep this as a secret between me and Natalie.

"So how's Justin?" I say Reinhold to change the topic.

(Cameron's POV)
Why does she always ask about Justin? I don't understand.
"Why do you care about him so much?"
"Well he's your brother, which makes him my brother. And I would like to know if he's okay." She said. She chose her words wisely but it still didn't fulfil my thoughts.
She held my hand and I looked up at her. I found my self making a fist without realising. She held my fist.
"Cameron, are you okay?"
I looked her in the eyes with silence. But her face expressions indicated that she understood that my silence ment a thousand words.
"Cameron, you do understand that I love you. You ONLY. I do like Justin. But not in the way you're thinking. I Like him as a brother."

It's like she read my mind.

"You know out of all people that I was looking for a family, a place that I can find love. And I finally found it, here. Please don't take that away from me because of a stupid thought." She said squeezing my hand while a tear escaped from her eyes. I took her in for a hug and she squeezed me so hard.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what gotten over me. But i love you too much that jealousy hits me straight in face, when you're with other guys." I say and we pull away.
She smiled and stood up. Then she just ran. I realised that she had the last two pizza slices so I ran after her.
She knows exactly what happens when someone takes my pizza slice. And when I catch her she's gonna suffer the consequences.