Chapter 29. Waking up

[Authors Note]
Sorry this chapter is short, but the next one is super long.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(Alexandra's POV)
Everything was simply black. I Couldn't hear anything, see anything or feel anything. I could see memories flow on front of my eyes. Just pictures without any sound, like a slide show.

I opened my eyes but I could only see a plain white ceiling moving so fast above me. I could also see blurry visions of bodies around me, running next to me. They were mostly blue. I tilted my head slightly to the left, that's when the pain started taking over. My vision got clear for a second and all I could see was Cameron with a red face and tears running from his eyes like a waterfall. But then my eyelids couldn't resist closing. I didn't have control over my body or my mind anymore. Everything just went blank.

(Cameron's POV)
I waited outside of the emergency room, couldn't sit down, couldn't think straight. All I could think about is what I've done. Natalie was sitting down on the chair opposite to where I was standing. And Justin went to make a call outside.

I could feel the tears falling by themselves. My heartbeats were fast and hard. I felt arms around me, I looked up and it was Natalie. She looked so calm, but you could hear the fear in her silence. I hugged her back and she started crying.

We sat in silence for what seemed like hours, when finally a doctor came out of the room. I stood up straight away, looking straight into his eyes, hoping I don't hear the word "death"

"She's okay." He said giving me a smile.
Hearing those words felt like a mountain was lifted of my shoulders. I felt the relief in my heart. But it wasn't enough to lift the guilt of my mind.

"You're very lucky" the doctor said while my head snapped up at the sound of those words.

"If she was 3 seconds late, you're life would've ended.." He continued making the pain in my chest burn even more.
"Can I see her?" I asked desperately.
He nodded, while I was already opening the door and bulging in and Natalie was right behind me. I went up to the bed and stood on one side while Natalie stood on the other side.

All those tubes connected to her, made my stomach hurt. I couldn't look at her face, it was all my fault and looking at her made it worse. So I looked down and all I could notice was her skinny hand. I held it and let all my tears flow on it

(Alexandra's POV)
I opened my eyes slowly as the light struck me. I tried putting my hand over my eyes but something as holding it back. I forced my eyelids to open. But I couldn't see anything at first then my vision became a mix of colours, then shapes, then things, then finally I could make out what I was looking at.

Cameron was standing on my right side holding my hand with his tears falling down his cheeks. I pulled my hand away slowly from his, his head snapped in my direction. I slowly rubbed of his tears and held his hand again.