chapter 20

Jerry and Peep were having a rather tearful goodbye.

"Why can't you stay on Earth?" Jerry asked the female Martian. "We'll be together!"

"I know, but I need to be in my own home," Peep replied. "I'll miss you very much, unless you come to Mars and stay with me? You'll be away from that pesky cat."

"Ahem!" Tom cleared his throat.

"Bless you." Peep glanced up at him.

"Peep, I'm sorry, but like you, I need to stay in my own home," Jerry said to the female Martian who liked him and the feeling was mutual. "Tom may chase me and try to eat me, but... We're friends... Friends to the end."

"So true." Tom nodded.

"Oh, too true." Jerry nodded back, quoting Pugsley and Frankie who had helped them see the light.

"I shall miss you very much, Jerry..." Peep said to the mouse. "I'll never forget you." she then kissed his cheeks.

Jerry blushed with a giggle as the female Martian was now on her way back home to Mars. With their last goodbyes, Peep left Earth back to her red planet. Jerry saluted the female Martian as a tear rolled down his cheek as she was going back to her home. Peep waved to the cat and mouse as she took off in the saucer and a tear came out of her eyes as well as she left Earth.

"Wait, I just thought of something, since she helped us escape her home planet and stop the invasion; won't her people be ticked off with her and want her to be put in a dungeon and killed or banished from Mars?" Tom asked Jerry.

"Oh, my gosh!" Jerry squeaked in alarm. "Peep, come back!"

Peep then stopped her vehicle, suddenly remembering everything that she did on the planet and what might happen to her if she went back so she happily went back to Earth; even if it wasn't her home planet, but she would have to get used to it. The female Martian then looked to the male mouse. She then took out a device and changed her appearance and she had the form of a female mouse and even had a bow in her head. She then smiled sultry as she then walked by seductively. Jerry sighed as he thought Peep was gone forever and there was no way to bring her back, he then walked off until he felt his tail pulled back. He looked up to Tom with a glare, but saw that the cat didn't do it, but he then looked to the new female mouse in town.

"Do you like my new form?" The female mouse asked with Peep's voice.

"But... Who are...?" Jerry asked, trying to think about it on the way. "Peep?"

"Mm-hmm..." the female mouse leaned over with a smile.

Jerry smiled bashfully. "You look even more beautiful than before!"

"I thought this form would be fitting for my new home." Peep smiled.

"So you're gonna stay?" Jerry's eyes lit up.

"I'm gonna stay." Peep confirmed with a nod.

"Great because I think Jerry would have missed too much if you didn't stay." Tom teased.

"Hey!" Jerry glared up at the cat. "Mind your own beeswax!"

Tom simply laughed before leaving the two of them alone.

Jerry rolled his eyes, then smiled to Peep. "Allow me to be your guide on all things Earth."

"It would be an honor." Peep smiled bashfully.

Jerry smiled back to her, feeling like he was falling in love. Robyn had heard everything and was happy that Jerry would have someone to love.

"You think your old man won't mind another 'mouse in the house'?" Tom asked.