chapter 4

"So, what's new, sir?" Patch asked the adult male schnauzer.

"Well, today I just learned that my little girl is in love with the strongest animal in the world." Tramp said, making it obvious for Patch.

"Heh... Yeah..." Patch chuckled. "She, uh, has unique taste."

"Now, Patch there's a reason why I wanted to speak with you alone." Tramp said.

"Yes, sir..." Patch replied respectively.

"I need to know if you truly will protect Colette from anyone that might try to--" Tramp said, about to finish his sentence.

The two of them heard two familiar screams for help.

"Oh, my!" Patch yelped. "That sounds like trouble!"

Tramp and Patch both ran to find out what Lady and Colette were screaming about to see that there were a couple of dogs cornering them.

"Leave us alone!" Lady huddled closer to her daughter. "We haven't done anything wrong!"

"No, but your husband has when he left the junkyard life and left Buster." One of the dogs said.

"We're his new members of Junkyard Dogs." The second dog said.

"You leave us alone!" Colette glared. "The past is in the past and it's time to let it go!"

"Oh, shut up!" The third dog growled.

"Don't you tell my daughter what to do!" Lady glared.

"We said shut up!" one of the dogs then struck his paw against her face, leaving a scar.

"MOM!" Colette yelped.

"Now if you don't want to be hurt like your mother, you better keep your muzzle shut!" The second dog growled.

Patch soon started to get angry at the dogs that had cornered Colette and Lady. Tramp looked just as angry, if not more.

"Leave them alone!" Patch growled.

The rogue dogs growled and looked to Patch and Tramp.

"Trust me, you three don't want to mess with my father and boyfriend." Colette said.

The dogs just laughed, not seeing Patch as much of a threat. Patch snarled as he stalked forward, reminiscent of how he would watch Thunderbolt and copy the great dog's moves whenever he would corner the bad guy for kidnapping Tommy.

"Ooh, what you boyfriend gonna do, hurt us?" The first dog asked with a laugh.

"You bet I am..." Patch snarled. "You have one chance to back off before I turn you all into pretzels."

"Yeah, right." The third dog rolled his eyes.

"Go get 'em, Patch." Tramp allowed as he looked down, deeply concerned for his mate who was not moving, but luckily, was still shallowly breathing.

"You got it, sir." Patch said.

Tramp nodded, then looked down to his mate. "Aw, Pidge, it's okay...." he whispered soothingly.

The three dogs just kept laughing at Patch since he was a little puppy. But to the three dogs' surprise, the teenage puppy was able to take on all three of them and wasn't holding back. Colette and Tramp stood close to Lady as Patch was taking care of the three bullies. And where after about five minutes, the three bullies whimpered and started to run for their lives.

"Yeah, you better run, and you tell Buster to back off if you see him!" Patch glared at the dogs, then turned back softly to his lover's mother. "Mrs. Lady, are you okay?"