chapter 15

"Fellow Martians," the king spoke. "because this fuzzy giant monster has made shambles of our lovely city, he will be dumped in the hole with Ted: The Flesh-Eating Lava Dweller!"

The Martians cheered for this as two white tentacles emerged from the lava.

"The Great Gloop will be given the honor of pullign the lever, sending this destructive and fuzzy giant to his doom!" the king then announced while Jerry looked rather guilty.

"Jerry, you can't sacrifice him." Robyn said.

"You may pull this when ready, Great Gloop." the king told the mouse.

"Uh, no problem..." Jerry replied nervously as he seemed hesitant about sacrificing Tom to the lava dweller.

"No, please, don't do it." Tom begged.

The Martians and Ted looked very bored and impatient as the mouse stalled on killing the cat.

"Just give it a pull!" the king urged the mouse.

"Wait, hold it!" a distant voice called. "Stop!"

The others turned to see what looked like a Martian scientist.

"Um, what's wrong, sir?" Darla asked.

"This is not the Great Gloop," the martian scientist said about Jerry. "This is an impostor!"

"What do you mean?" the king glared as the martians chattered and Jerry looked very nervous.

"They are aliens from Earth!" the martian scientist informed.

"That should plainly obvious." Alvin whispered.

"Nonsense, there is no life on Earth!" the king disagreed.

"Wanna bet?" Patch glared slightly.

"Apparently so, my king," the martian scientist looked nervous. "You see, a spacecraft was detected on our scopes earlier, it landed and only stayed long enough to drop this bunch of creatures off."

"I blame the idiots that were piloting the space ship." Patch said.

The Martians then held out their weapons while glaring at the Earth visitors.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Calm down, we mean you no harm." Patch said.

"So, try to take over Mars, will you, Earthlings?!" the king glared.

"No, your highness, we weren't." Patch said.

Simon held Jeanette as they backed up together and accidentally pushed the lever. Tom then yelped as he was being lowered to be fed by Ted now.

"TOM!" Jerry cried, then ran off to save the cat from being eaten alive.

Patch and the others joined in. The others held onto Tom's tail as he was inches above the lava now and it looked very close to death for the cat.

"That was close." Tom sighed.

Ted snarled as he was coming over to eat the cat.

Tom screamed. "Guys, pull me up, and FAST!"

"You got it." Patch said before pulling Tom to safety by using all his strength.

Ted grew large and snarled, looking very hungry. Peep looked worried, so she took out a rubber ball and threw it. Ted was then distracted as he balanced the ball and bounced it.

"Whew, thanks for the save." Tom smiled at Patch and Peep.

"Sure." Patch smiled.

Unfortunately, Ted popped his ball which made him grumpy and he came after his dinner again. Peep saw a jet pack on one of the martian soldiers and took it away and rocketed to stop the lava dweller.

"We gotta get out of here." Alvin said.

A Martian girl was eating something that looked like a banana and she threw down the peel. However, the others backed up against the peel and were now sliding down, about to be eaten by Ted.

"Oh, come on!" Alvin exclaimed.

"I just got my hair the way I liked it!" Brittany wailed.

"Quick, Patch, use your magic to save us!" Theodore wailed.

"I can only free a few of you." Peep said as she rode by on the jet pack.

"I'll save the rest of us, you save Tom and Jerry!" Patch called out before using his magic to make him and the others, but Tom and Jerry float.

"Deal!" Peep agreed as she carried Tom and Jerry over her shoulders with no problem, showing she was rather strong herself.

The Martians looked angered that their victims were getting away.

"Alright! We're outta here!" Alvin cheered.

"Peep is a traitor!" one martian said to the other. "She helped the invaders escape!"

"We're alive!" Brittany cheered.

"Guh, losing balance!" Peep yelped as she accidentally ran into a mountain which made Tom fall off.

"Ooh, that's gotta hurt." Patch winced.

Tom rolled down the hill and landed flat on the ground. "Hey, thanks for saving us." he then smiled and shook Peep's hand.

"Yeah, thanks a lot!" Jerry nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, okay, that's alright, you're welcome." Peep chuckled, then got out of their hands as she felt shook from them slightly. "Okay, okay, you're welcome."

"How do we get back to Earth so we can warn everyone?" Theodore asked.

"Look, I know my people are gonna plan an invasion on your planet retaliation, but we have to get you back there." Peep agreed. "we'll have to sneak back to the city and steal a saucer. Can either of you pilot a flying saucer?"

This caused for everyone but herself to shake their heads, telling her that none of them knew how.

"Well, that figures," Peep sighed. "Come on, we better hurry, follow me." she then led the way elsewhere with them trailing and following behind her.

"Wait, before anything else..." Patch said before using his magic on Tom shrinking him to the same size as them.

"Oh, thanks, old pal." Tom smiled.

Patch smiled back and they were on their way to sneak back to the Martian City.

"This way, it'll be easier for all of us to fit in one of the saucers." Jerry whispered.

Tom nodded in agreement.