chapter 13

Meanwhile, back with Atticus, Mo, Cherry, and Casper as the wiccan boy finished reciting the spell...

Cherry, Atticus, and Mo flinched slightly as there was a golden glow that came around Casper and it disappeared.

"Well, how do I look?" Casper asked.

Cherry took out a mirror. "Tell me this, can you see yourself?"

Casper looked into the mirror and saw his actual reflection.

"It worked!" Atticus beamed.

"Of course it did..." Cherry said. "So once again, the day is saved, thanks to Atticus."

"Thank you so much, Atticus." Casper smiled.

"No problem." Atticus smiled back.

"So thoughtful." Mo beamed.

"So, Cherry, should we do the next magic act?" Casper asked.

"I suppose we could, hang on a sec." Cherry said, then looked to her other friends as she went off with the former ghost boy to get ready for the next trick.

Atticus and Mo both then returned to their seats, waiting for the next magic act.

"How long have you been so sweet and helpful?" Mo asked.

"For as long as before I can even remember," Atticus smiled. "I just wish we could've known each other sooner... Especially at the Ball with Cinderella."

"That just sounds so romantic," Mo commented. "I wish we could've been there together too."

"Well, maybe the next time Cinderella has a royal ball; you can be my date to it." Atticus smiled.

"I'd love that..." Mo smiled back.

Cherry and Casper came back and Casper appeared to have sunglasses now.

"So, what's the next trick?" Atticus asked.

"Never mind all that, I'm gonna let you pick a card from one I pick myself, tell me when to stop shuffling." Cherry said as she started to shuffle the cards while Casper stood next to her.

"Um, okay, uh, stop." Atticus said.

Cherry then stopped and showed the card which was the three of clubs and she looked away. "Memorize the card."

"Okay." Atticus said, memorizing the card as the Ace of Diamonds.

Cherry shuffled the deck, then took out the Queen of Hearts. "Is that your card?"

"Nope." Atticus shook his head.

Cherry shuffled again and took out the Six of Spades. "Is that your card?"

"Nuh-uh." Atticus shook his head.

Cherry shuffled more and showed other cards, purposely getting them wrong. "Huh, that's weird, Casper, check this out, take off those sunglasses so you can see better."

Casper took off his sunglasses to show the number three in one eye and a club in the other to show the right card number and suit.

"Is that your card?" Cherry then asked with a smirk.

"Uh, no." Atticus said as an anime breeze suddenly blew past Cherry.

Cherry narrowed her eyes. "Yes, it is, it has to be, it's the three of clubs, it's ALWAYS the three of clubs!"

"No, this time it was the Ace of Diamonds." Atticus said.

"LIAR!" Cherry shook her fist.