chapter 12

"Well, here we are," one astronaut said to the other. "The first men on Mars."

The two astronauts then danced in victory because they were about to go down in history.

"Ahem!" Alvin cleared his throat.

"Tom? Jerry?" Robyn called for her pets.

"Right here." Tom and Jerry said from outside the rocket.

"Ah, there you are, I thought maybe you guys got in another chase." Robyn smiled to them.

The astronauts started to complain how Mars looked nothing like they imagined and didn't see any little green men and how they were looking forward to battling monsters.

"Oh, brother." Penny sighed to their aspirations.

"Come on, guys, let's leave these two and explore." Alvin whispered.

The others actually agreed with Alvin and they decided to explore.

"Captain's Log," Simon spoke up like they were on their very own science fiction television show. "We've come to the fourth planet from the sun, also known as the red planet of Mars."

"We have boldly gone where none of us have gone before." Jeanette joined him with a dreamy smile.

"I can't believe this is actually happening." Robyn smiled.

"Tell me about it..." Anne-Marie agreed as she held her bunny close for comfort.

"Look, it's the Mars Rover!" Amber pointed to a vehicle nearby on the planet.

"Cool!" Darla smiled. "Oh, I wish I had a camera."

Patch hummed as he then decided to use his magic and held out a camera for her.

"Oh, thanks!" Darla beamed as she took the camera and started to take pictures.

There was then a tiny green woman who had a gun and was holding it out to the 'trespassers'.

"Wait everyone, I hear something." Patch said as he could hear tiny foot steps.

The others stopped. Patch sniffed and jumped up slightly and turned sharply to see the tiny female alien. There appeared to be canine snarling and barking as the alien seemed to have a companion who looked deathly toward the Earth creatures.

"Wait, are you two Martians?" Patch asked curious.

"Why, yes, we are," the female martian replied, seeming to have been able to speak English somehow, then scolded her pet. "Fou-Fou, NO!"

"Wait, you can speak English?" Darla asked.

"Incredible..." Simon felt blown away by that factoid.

There was then humming heard and the kids and animals looked to see more martians were coming their way with weapons. The aliens screamed in horror of the Earth creatures, but held their weapons securely.

"It's very rude to point laser guns at strangers!" the female alien scolded her comrades.

"Oh, this is so cool!" Darla smiled before taking pictures of the Martians.

"I think you should stop for a minute." Amber suggested.

Darla pouted, but then stopped.

A bigger, though still small Maritain, walked over and the others bowed to him. "Peep, what have you found?" he asked the female, revealing her name.

"What do you make of these strange creatures, Grob?" the female asked him.

The alien took out a magnifying glass and examined the Earthlings like they were the strange ones.